Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Jewish population in Europe was so segregated for so long that specific mutations occurred within their populations and nowhere else. (His story) the DNA test looks for a specific variant on the mitochondrial DNA – DNA that is passed down through the mother (got proof?)– that can be found almost exclusively in Ashkenazi Jews.

I'm not 100% sure that Ashkenazi Jews are smarter, but they seem to do better on the kinds of test that measure this stuff than other groups. Of course it's possible my people designed the test because we're also wily like that.
(They're not)
Still, I like to settle debates by looking at the functional output regardless of theory, so if you can find an ethnic group that is more over-represented in occupations that require intelligence you let me know:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2020, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Edit history:
  • Covered exposed right testicle with delicious kebab.
  • Added Darius for more respect.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moral objectivity is what were after for a healthy society. Not praising a hndful of "smart" relativist scam artists
Yes but there's no such thing as moral objectivity because morals are merely an enforcement mechanism against harmful group deviance and that changes over time. Incest was practiced widely because the number of offspring was more important than their long term health because no one lived long enough to matter and since people were less specialized they were more fungible. You can't be objective when you have a moving target like that especially since you have various groups still that exist on different points of the moral development timeline and their needs don't align with others for functional reasons.

You can say murder is objectively immoral but it's not under every condition so then what do you have, and that would be the strongest example I think.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Ya you sound like your ancestors
Old 07-29-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya you sound like your ancestors
If I sounded like my ancestors I would be telling you about ancient tales of glory and mighty warriors and I would be slurring all my words and making everything up and then we would be fighting on the floor.

Nothing can stop that 98%.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes but there's no such thing as moral objectivity because morals are merely an enforcement mechanism against harmful group deviance and that changes over time. Incest was practiced widely because the number of offspring was more important than their long term health because no one lived long enough to matter and since people were less specialized they were more fungible. You can't be objective when you have a moving target like that especially since you have various groups still that exist on different points of the moral development timeline and their needs don't align with others for functional reasons.

You can say murder is objectively immoral but it's not under every condition so then what do you have, and that would be the strongest example I think.
This is true. Reasoned “morality” delivers wildly different conclusions depending on one’s presuppositions. There is no objective morality because first principles can vary so broadly. We can very easily reason our way to right and wrong given a particular context, but if people cannot agree on fundamental truths, we cannot agree on the context or the conclusions by extension.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:05 PM
Banned

ahem:

Old 07-29-2020, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Petition to call mask ppl "the faceless"

Praise Cazic
Old 07-29-2020, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Petition to call mask ppl "the faceless"

Praise Cazic
Imagine the millions of dollars the inventor of p95 compliant transparent mask will reap. I had this conversation with my friends and we agreed we're too late because we don't know anyone in the businesses and there's definitely someone ahead of us. I called them timid fucks but that didn't help. I said we don't need to invent it just find who is and back them but well...the shouting should have happened after that.

The desire to see a human face is innate bred behavior. Dogs base their entire lives on the subtle variations of their owners expressions because we talk with our faces. You can have a 30 minute conversation with me and I won't say a thing but you'll exactly how you're doing based on what you see because my face will be giving you feedback every second. Some people react so badly to the masks; even on an unconscious level they are filled with anxiety and fear they can't explain, they just associate the mask with it.

You can't really be down on many of the mask refuseniks; they're just not strong enough to beat back human nature. They articulate various reasons for not wearing the mask, but I could boil it down to fear. Fear of 'the stranger' is greater than the fear of this disease.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 07-29-2020 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: I even told them I would sell my 2005 Civic to chip in!
Old 07-29-2020, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ahem:
that's awesome isn't it?

hmmm...so the cure is worse than the disease after all

we intentionally introduced covid-19 as a preventative prophylactic and it worked! all causes of death are down; we cured cancer and heart shit and even accidents!

unfortunately we now have tons of people dying of the covidcure

ugh

i guess it's time to release the dogs with bees in their mouth when they bark the bees fly out
Closed Thread