Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

They've got people believing something happening that isn't happening. Why wouldn't they make it last forever.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-31-2020, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Shutting things down just presses pause. The virus will continue spreading as soon as things open again. We cannot keep things shut forever so it makes no sense to shut them at all. People should practice common sense and take steps to protect themselves based on how vulnerable they are to the virus. Everyone else should be permitted to get on with their lives.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shutting things down just presses pause. The virus will continue spreading as soon as things open again. We cannot keep things shut forever so it makes no sense to shut them at all. People should practice common sense and take steps to protect themselves based on how vulnerable they are to the virus. Everyone else should be permitted to get on with their lives.
exactly this
Old 07-31-2020, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's too narrow of a view. We have reached the next tech tier as a species and this was our opportunity to restructure violently without the trigger of warfare. I am concerned about the decision to proceed status quo (ie, the people who own the rights to Gone With the Wind remain the owners of Earth and continue not working, but plebs remain required to "rain dance" to quench thirst because getting things for free is evil).

A UBI in temporary form should have been implemented immediately to reduce outdoor population density. Nobody should be required to leave the house for want of resources right now. That is one way to throw money at the problem.

Nonessential work ought to remain shuttered indefinitely. Make home movies or something. Our society is, point proven, extremely vulnerable to biological warfare at present and we'd rather wimp out because COVID-19 is unproven to be synthetic than to step up and implement effective measures to deal with a pretty easy virus. Like to build the distribution network and employment system of the future -- one that can operate swimmingly even despite it avoiding humans contacting deadly pathogens. People reentering the workforce should be entering a new workforce with new standards of hygiene and aseptic technique, working fewer hours at high-skilled jobs with an emphasis on developing an elite medical workforce and industrial base. Filth-pot McDonalds jobs, and all manual labor, can end; those slots can be filled by robots. You should be tempted into the festering, infected marketplace -- not coerced.

I think this was a vision Trump had, and that he imagined the repubs would be resisting UBI proposals at this date, but the Democrats realized early in the crisis that their base wouldn't even ask for money even as the state underwrites our rulers for another ten-thousand luxurious lifetimes. We are definitely absent a very important leader in this crisis.

Anyway yeah you are basically right Maskedmelon. I don't think we are capable of executing upon all the nuance required to launch a meaningful response; the pause to buy time and stockpile resources was probably all we can expect of the people of the United States at this point. They have become really, really deranged and don't believe in anything -- not science, not numbers, not God.

I've read a lot of Roman history this last while, and I wonder often now about the practice of instituting dictatorship in crisis. It was a legal mechanism for condensing authority into one person for military reasons, back then, and a less tainted word, dictatorship. And sure, it is a well and ugly word now. But what is to be done when an entire people go mad and all need a father? -j
Last edited by JurisDictum; 07-31-2020 at 12:21 PM..
Old 07-31-2020, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Build a military freeloader
get some healthcare fatty
Old 07-31-2020, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Btw, how many forum accounts do you have Patriam1066?
2? 4?
Do you reply sometimes to your own post when you dont get enough attention?

I am worried about you mate.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:01 PM
Banned

https://youtu.be/qWJd-Qj1Xyg

Gottem

Just inherited beautiful mental real estate
Old 07-31-2020, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get some healthcare fatty
Please return their bicycles.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:42 PM
Banned

Fauci is 100% political and it's proven now
Closed Thread