Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when a guy wants to make it abundantly clear, that he isn't into chicks.
Tell me more about your unqualified love for butts.
Old 11-05-2021, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell me more about your unqualified love for butts.
sorry bro, what you're sellin', i ain't buyin'
Old 11-05-2021, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

in the near future netizins will seek out and kill trolls like us irl

would make for a good shitty horror film.

vice giving a platform to these people is like giving a platform to serial killers IMO but u do u western society! And then blame facebook.

Old 11-05-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Zuck stan has entered the chat.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Dems continuing to kick the can. They swear they will have the numbers by Thanksgiving this time.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dems continuing to kick the can. They swear they will have the numbers by Thanksgiving this time.
Mods won't accept the Progressive surrender because they'd rather get revenge. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bummer
Old 11-05-2021, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mods won't accept the Progressive surrender because they'd rather get revenge. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bummer
After Virginia I think they are just trying to set up their defenses for midterms next year. Hope they find a way to pass pre-k at least.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:46 PM
Banned

Interesting quotes in the Kyle Rittenhouse case:

One bad quote for the prosecutor is his own witness saying he heard Rosenbaum say to Kyle “if I see you alone I’ll fucking kill you”

A bad quote for the defense (in my opinion):

“So you have non-lethal?”
Kyle: “we don’t have non-lethal”
“So you guys are full on ready to defend the property”
“Yes we are”

Maybe it’s because Kyle is only 17 and doesn’t have that much life experience yet (why does he have a gun at 17?), but you don’t defend other people’s business property by shooting people. I sometimes mention that I will defend my property in my home possibly with my 9mm, but that is only if someone is coming towards me after breaking into my own home. If someone, say, is running out my front door with some of my property, I cannot legally shoot them in the back

A store owner should be allowed to attempt to deter theft at his business with a gun. But again, that gun would have to be used in self-defense. If a robber, say, completely ignored the store owner, did not make any threatening moves towards him, he is probably NOT going to be legally justified in shooting the robber. I’m not saying the store owner should just stand there with his thumb in his ass watching his store get looted, but he should look to protect his property some other way than with the gun, which is why it is useful to have both lethal and non-lethal means of subduing someone

Just my 0.02 from hearing about the case. He’s probably going to get off on self-defense tho still, but I think there’s some things that are wrong about a 17yr old trying to be a hero with a gun
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-05-2021 at 08:55 PM..
Old 11-05-2021, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

In the case of Kyle Rittenhouse he is in violation of a lot of stuff.

But when he shot someone who was in the process of beating him up, he did so in self defense.

For all the other crimes he committed he should hopefully receive justice. And he will probably get a felony regarding his possession and use of that firearm which will bar him from legally owning one for ?? the rest of his life ?? I think thats the law which is pretty hilarious like if you committed some other kind of crime you permanently lose your 1st amendment or other rights.

Anyone who is safe enough to be in society or safe enough to drive a car should be allowed to own guns, thats pretty easy.

Lets make this a gun policy fight thread?

Thanks for the quotes unsunghero i will not be looking into this case except to check in this thread occasionally.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the case of Kyle Rittenhouse he is in violation of a lot of stuff.

But when he shot someone who was in the process of beating him up, he did so in self defense.

For all the other crimes he committed he should hopefully receive justice. And he will probably get a felony regarding his possession and use of that firearm which will bar him from legally owning one for ?? the rest of his life ?? I think thats the law which is pretty hilarious like if you committed some other kind of crime you permanently lose your 1st amendment or other rights.

Anyone who is safe enough to be in society or safe enough to drive a car should be allowed to own guns, thats pretty easy.

Lets make this a gun policy fight thread?

Thanks for the quotes unsunghero i will not be looking into this case except to check in this thread occasionally.
Ya, I hadn’t actually seen the video until today, it does appear to be self-defense. But there will probably be some repercussions for how and why he put himself in that situation (meaning his choice to get a gun he shouldn’t legally have and go help out or be a hero or whatever his intentions were)

I’ve said it before and will say it again, don’t go near angry mobs. If it’s your own community, meaning the mob is marching down your block, then you gotta do what you gotta do. You’ll never see me grab a first aid kit and a gun and go run to where a violent mob is protesting, because I’m not prepared to die or kill someone for someone else’s business. If compete anarchy is upon us, I’ll be one of the first people locked and loaded in a vigilante group, ready to go out and die in an attempt to restore order. But I don’t think that day is gonna happen in my lifetime, luckily
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-05-2021 at 09:38 PM..
Closed Thread