Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is fine. the rotation is a bad idea in general and i have every right to say it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The game was not meant to have a rotation in it it was meant to be if you got to the target first its yours... plain and simple.

Also thanks for linking those post... the top one Otto makes one hell of an arguement and speaks the truth ( i dont know about the guild drama i wasnt here when that happened nor do i care)
Hi who are you again?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

He's the level 10ish bard running around, he's kind of a big deal haven't you heard of him?
Old 01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I remember back on Karana server, they did the rotation thing...I remember seven to eight guilds in a rotation for Vox and Naggy....was crazy!
Old 01-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Large Rat

Just a thought.

If there are currently 3 guild on the rotation, why not lower the spawn to two days? Then all 3 guilds get to kill the dragon onces a week and problem solved?
I think the rotation is a stupid idea and needs to go away but.

Zuuz, future SK tank p1999
Old 01-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Kobold

Well we brought this issue up when you guys were talking about how to settle the first IB and Trans issues. A rotation meant that the upcoming guilds would not only have a hard time breaking in, but they would be punished for attempting. Now a lot of guilds will soon want in on all the raid mobs, not sure how you are going to do this. I will tell you this though, on my server we had a rotation, it was set up pretty early too. So saying ROTATION isn't CLASSIC doesn't really matter, this isn't Classic, although we attempt to make as much classic as we can. This is a new experience although we are trying to solve the same player problems from 10 years ago. The GM's wanted to not be involved, but I just don't think that's possible. Consdering the GM's are also in the raid guilds.

A Rotation can work, everyone just has to be fair and balanced, new content will be out soon.

I did have a good idea though. Have the new guilds that think they are capable to join the rotation, once they take down a raid mob, they are in until they cannot take down raid mobs again (Guild split or leaders leave, whatever reason). Once new content comes out, it should be FFA for the first few weeks, you guys could settle on a time frame, 2 weeks a month, whatever. Then it gets put into the rotation along with the other older mobs. The new content would be the old Verant rules, first to come and engage with a raid force gets the mob. Now this doesn't mean you can kite the mob around (if it is kitable) until your raid gets there, which I have seen done.

Just trying to think of something to keep as many people as we can.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi who are you again?
See below
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's the level 10ish bard running around, he's kind of a big deal haven't you heard of him?
Hells yeah im a big deal :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
lal yellow finally with a worthwhile zing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinamur1999

Did this need to be brought to the forums? no probably not, but now I know that faline is super dramatastic and that yellow is STILL the fuckin man
Old 01-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Aviak

This is why you play WoW and have instances so everyone gets a shot once a week lol...classic EQ is great to play...and very horrible at the same time...wasnt designed well at all :P

and btw GMs or whoever is in charge of the rotation is already IN the rotation...they are going to take their sweet time letting div into the rotation until they get all the items they want lol...shitty but its just the facts lol...its what you get from an emulator...bad support, buggy, shit missing from game and not much fairness at all...but hey they did it and they give it to us for free :P
Last edited by Karbuk; 01-31-2010 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: i spelt shit wrong...duh
Old 02-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Kobold

I don't remember what server it was but...
There was a tier rotation like this on one of the EQ live servers. When a guild was ready to move up to the next tier they had to petition a GM and then the GMs would coordinate a date/time for said guild to have a shot at a non-loot version of the hardest raid boss in that tier.

If the guild kills the boss, they are allowed into that tier. Damn me for forgetting what server this was. I swear this is true, it wasn't a dream or anything, lol.

So... if you want to "test your might", why not have the GM's spawn a non-loot copy of a raid boss in the Arena? If Divinity is able to complete the encounter, they should be allowed into rotation.

I'm sure there is some way to do this. I faintly remember there being a specific number of attempts, and a mandatory waiting period, to retry, if a guild fails.

Is this possible on p99?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember what server it was but...
There was a tier rotation like this on one of the EQ live servers. When a guild was ready to move up to the next tier they had to petition a GM and then the GMs would coordinate a date/time for said guild to have a shot at a non-loot version of the hardest raid boss in that tier.

If the guild kills the boss, they are allowed into that tier. Damn me for forgetting what server this was. I swear this is true, it wasn't a dream or anything, lol.

So... if you want to "test your might", why not have the GM's spawn a non-loot copy of a raid boss in the Arena? If Divinity is able to complete the encounter, they should be allowed into rotation.

I'm sure there is some way to do this. I faintly remember there being a specific number of attempts, and a mandatory waiting period, to retry, if a guild fails.

Is this possible on p99?
That is a really good idea if it's implementable.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a really good idea if it's implementable.
Agreed. Would eliminate the problem of having the GMs "spawn" the mob. And by spawn I mean giving a guild/people extra loot. We'd still have the "1 kill a month" problem, but this would at least allow Divinity a shot at getting in rotation.

I'm personally still all for rotation with 1h slots instead of 24 hours.
Last edited by Jify; 02-01-2010 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Closed Thread