Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Default Torp Shaman - NG soloable?

Due to summon, I've found NG bugs to be un-soloable at 59. Does this change at 60 with torpor? I basically never see solo shammies holding down NG, only ever see enchanters.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Aviak

Sure, you can do it. You don't see solo shammies doing it because it's boring as hell, like most shaman soloing. Enchanters got the benefit of only having to pay attention for 5 minutes of each half hour and then afking.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, you can do it. You don't see solo shammies doing it because it's boring as hell, like most shaman soloing. Enchanters got the benefit of only having to pay attention for 5 minutes of each half hour and then afking.
What's the strategy for doing 'em as a shammy?
Old 10-07-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the strategy for doing 'em as a shammy?
100% doable with epic and JBB. Very likely can do them just fine without the JBB, and you also very likely can do them without the epic (I just can't swear to it since I had mine).

I lead by using my highest/longest root on one, which inherently pulls the second. Slow (it's been awhile so I don't remember if I Maloed first ... I don't think I needed it). Epic/Disease/Poison + your best DoT (pet) while you tank and do minimal melee damage, and Torpor/Cann a lot (as you always do when soloing with Torpor), throwing some JBBs in when you don't feel like doing that.

If need be re-root the other one when it breaks, being careful not to damage it (if you get it below 98% or so it will summon you). Once the first one is done, you can do the second one at a more relaxed pace, and then you have plenty of time to rest up for the third. After all three you should have a nice pause, and then you should have all three spaced out better and won't need to worry about root.

Oh, and I almost forgot, kill the one frog before all that (and before each round).

P.S. To get there, past any see invis, you'll have to master the art of rooting the see invis, running around a corner or at least out of agro range, camping, and coming back.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(if you get it below 98% or so it will summon you).

Aaah this is the game changer!! I didn't know that a mob won't summon, even if you have aggro, as long as it's above 98%
Old 10-07-2019, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aaah this is the game changer!! I didn't know that a mob won't summon, even if you have aggro, as long as it's above 98%
I believe it’s 150 damage.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, and I almost forgot, kill the one frog before all that (and before each round).

P.S. To get there, past any see invis, you'll have to master the art of rooting the see invis, running around a corner or at least out of agro range, camping, and coming back.
Good info, just want to add one important detail which is that pathing frog can be a wizard or shaman and if so, can gate at low hp, and then summon you into a bunch of other frogs. This is obviously a real hazard and some people will leave the frog up if it has spawned as a crusader, to avoid this gating issue. Plus, the lack of ice comets is nice too. :-)

I personally will usually root and then camp off aggro afterwards.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its 97% tmmk
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-14-2019, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where in the world are you getting this from? Please don't spread this misinformation.
Closed Thread