Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dolalin, you are pretty good at this.
I just download every single website and mailing list I can find onto my beefy work PC and grep against it. It's just the tools, really [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I guess it's up to staff what solution they pursue, but the way I see it we have the following options:

1) Leave things as they are
2) Overhaul magician research right now to match those docs (laughably unrealistic imo)
3) Fill in the blanks in existing mage research with "unclassic" recipes but ones that make sense given the patterns << my proposal
4) Put spells back on vendors
Last edited by Dolalin; 11-07-2019 at 05:09 PM..
Old 11-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just download every single website and mailing list I can find onto my beefy work PC and grep against it. It's just the tools, really [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I guess it's up to staff what solution they pursue, but the way I see it we have the following options:

2) Overhaul magician research right now to match those docs (laughably unrealistic imo)
3) Fill in the blanks in existing mage research with "unclassic" recipes but ones that make sense given the patterns << my proposal
Old 11-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

I’ll chip in with my suggestion
I would do what they did faced with the same situation in 1999.
Add some pets, each tier. Magician Still have to research their pets to keep their versatility. But they can always Buy the previous tier to work the new combines.

It removes the 6 combines for a 49 pet
5 combines for 44, etc.

Brings Mage research on par with all other class.

It’s what they did at Verant faced with the dilema
Old 11-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll chip in with my suggestion
I would do what they did faced with the same situation in 1999.
Add some pets, each tier. Magician Still have to research their pets to keep their versatility. But they can always Buy the previous tier to work the new combines.

It removes the 6 combines for a 49 pet
5 combines for 44, etc.

Brings Mage research on par with all other class.

It’s what they did at Verant faced with the dilema
Just to clarify, 6 combines for 49 pets never happened cause the chain was broke. After 34. Recipe over 34 existed, pets were planned for 39, 44, 49 but the missing recipe stopped mages back then. Got fixed 2 month after release when it got confrned. It wss never like this by design.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Shaman have better pets than us in our current Green reality haha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Just saying
Old 11-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's the gist of it. I mostly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the source of the research materials listed on the wiki (someone fabricated them I guess?).

Based on evidence so far, it seems the most classic solution is to add the (always?) uncraftable pet spells back on vendors. The unclassic part of that would be it took 13 days to change instead of the 2 months it took the original eq live developers.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the gist of it. I mostly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the source of the research materials listed on the wiki (someone fabricated them I guess?).

Based on evidence so far, it seems the most classic solution is to add the (always?) uncraftable pet spells back on vendors. The unclassic part of that would be it took 13 days to change instead of the 2 months it took the original eq live developers.
Yes exactly.
Although 2 month back then with «*not 20 years veterans*» of the game.

The way i understand it, its more 2 month to admit or realize the mistakes. Because i guess people had to do a lot of in game testing to finally figure what was going on. Those 2 34 pet available probably caused confusion.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

It looks like all mage pets past 29 were uncraftable until May 99, and even some of those recipes were broken.

I wouldn't seek to emulate this myself, nobody would play a mage.

I can get behind putting them back on vendors.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:57 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to add the (always?) uncraftable pet spells back on vendors.
Fixed, pending update

Code:
Spell: Greater Conjuration: Earth
Spell: Lesser Conjuration: Air
Spell: Lesser Conjuration: Fire
Spell: Minor Conjuration: Earth
Spell: Minor Conjuration: Water
Old 11-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Fixed, pending update

Code:
Spell: Greater Conjuration: Earth
Spell: Lesser Conjuration: Air
Spell: Lesser Conjuration: Fire
Spell: Minor Conjuration: Earth
Spell: Minor Conjuration: Water
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread