Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sexism! Victim blaming! YEAH!
I don't believe you know what sexism is. Are you aware battered women exist?
Old 11-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

I think you mean 'battered people' you sexist monster /s
Old 11-15-2019, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not even sure where he is going with that. Like is he saying he's being abusive to me and I keep the conversation open instead of walking away?

Or is it because I believe civilian weaponry alone is not an effective guarantee against tyranny?

That particular accusation of being a beaten woman caught me by suprise. Thats the joy of engaging with you Tepplar. Always suprising!
I was referring to your appeal that the only way to stop a bad government is to go to the media and try to win them over.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:47 PM
Banned

Serious, long-term domestic abuse can result in a mental disorder called battered woman syndrome. Battered woman syndrome, which is also sometimes called battered wife syndrome, is considered a subcategory of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

https://www.healthline.com/health/ba...woman-syndrome

It's an actual syndrome and it has the word woman in it, sorry.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was referring to your appeal that the only way to stop a bad government is to go to the media and try to win them over.
You misunderstood my point, you batterboy, I was saying a government is going to control the media and control its population before it becomes openly tyranic.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Or the media would control the population and then the government before turning it tyranic. Either way same end point.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You misunderstood my point, you batterboy, I was saying a government is going to control the media and control its population before it becomes openly tyranic.
And the every day citizen is supposed to be cognizant about control of the media? While they are struggling to pay their bills while supporting their families?

We're talking about what happens after the tyrannical government comes to be, not how to prevent it. We're talking about the fail-safe that is guns and weapons because inevitably it has come down to this is the past. It's unfortunate, we should be on guard, but tyrannical governments happen and have happened throughout history.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Fail safe won't work if the government is competant. They will have scape goated the populations problems onto another group and the population will be ready and willing to round up and persecute the scapegoat.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Turkeys are going to vote for Christmas if you tell them the other option is Thanksgiving.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Fail safe won't work if the government is competant. They will have scape goated the populations problems onto another group and the population will be ready and willing to round up and persecute the scapegoat.
This is where I see signs of battered wife syndrome. No offense. Tyrannical governments exist in varying states. Some are very strong, some can be gotten to. Some are strong and then weaken. You've given up any possibility of fighting back before even assessing a situation with that viewpoint.
Closed Thread