Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's what I know:
Races and factions - like EQ1 there will be race/class restrictions. Barbarians for example can be the usual classes (Warrior, Bezerkers (or whatever they call the melee DPS class, Shaman). Different starting stats per race and racial abilities (no clue if the racials are meaningful). If that Barbarian chooses and wants to become an Enchanter, he can go raise his faction with a race that has that class. It won't be an easy ordeal and will take effort. At the time of my info, factions could be individually raised. So a high elf could raise their faction and eventually be accepted by the dark elves but at the cost of their own city/race faction.
The classes I've had confirmed are Warrior, Cleric, Shaman, Wizard, Enchanter, Ranger, Druid, Rogue. There are more, but that was all I know of at this moment.
The playable races I had confirmed are Human, High Elf, Dark Elf, Kerran, Kobold, Ogre, Troll. Again there are more than those playable those are just what I know is playable. I tried to get Ratonga and Iksar confirmation but don't have that yet.
Norrath - the world is gigantic. No zones. The world is seamless. There will be instances in respect to some raids and dungeons but a lot of open dungeons a la EQ1. The extent to which we can damage the environment is still unknown. That's under wraps pretty tight so I'd imagine its damageable to a good extent.
Spells - no more spell trainers. Abilities are granted passively and the big ones have quests and trials attached to them. Enchanters will have to seek out people around the world to learn and study with. Wizards will have to find various tomes to study to learn to weave the strongest spells. Not sure on the spell weaving mechanic but they seemed to indicate the ability to create and discover new spells. So not every wizards spell book will be the same.
Combat - there will be hotbars. It will NOT be like EQ2s combat abortion. That's about all I know on that. I've pressed for details but that info is locked down tight. Tad could well be right here I concede but if I had to guess, it'll be action based combat with a limited skill set load out.
Crafting - it is in the game, it is interdependent and its supposedly more meaning than they've ever made it. Players will be able to make useful and sought after gear and stuff at all levels. Raid/Dungeon crafting drops confirmed but no mechanics specifics.
Misc - this game will be FTP. It will have a cash shop. SOE will make the world, dungeons, raids as usual. Their version of emergent gameplay is us creating content via their dungeon maker/player studio. Player made PVP battlegrounds. This player created content is all instanced not part of the persistent world. So is housing. Guild housing will be in from the get go as well.
Beta - it's already in friends and family alpha/beta. After SOE live, beta will begin early Aug/late Sept. they are trying to launch Nov/Dec. the latest this game will launch is Feb/March time frame. They are much farther along then they let on and that's part of their surprise.
Minus a detail here or there, that's all I got. Take it for what it's worth to you.
This guy needs to take a breath and learn how to structure a post in a way that people might actually read it. What a waste of probably 10 minutes of your life.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

As long as the best gear isn't gotten in instances it'll be OK. Could still be some entry raid shit.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Banned

its a neverending cycle of fuckers rerolling toons and never becoming anything in the world of pixels
Old 07-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Kobold

can't wait!

Asmoth (sloth reborn)
17 Human Shadowknight <Inglorious Basterds>

Krysanth Firemedic P99 Red
Rogue
Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 AM
Fire Giant

it will be made by SoE

IE: garbage

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 07-31-2013, 03:15 AM
Banned

basically
Old 07-31-2013, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

No excuse for instances ever. Its just another way of making everyone a winner. On a blue server, you should have competition and have to wait your turn or drop a train on someone to get a camp. On a red server, fight it out or work that diplomacy. Going through a linear dungeon where mobs don't repop, no time limit involved, no competition or real risk involved = gay.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

I'm fucking sure they will include instances in one form or the other, people probably try to call these things something else cause instances has caught a bad rep but expect something where you and your friends are completely safe and there's no chance of pvp

Meanwhile they will call their game a "complete open sandbox"

These fucking game developers man, they are full of shit these days
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's Pay to Win so enjoy buying potions and stupid items with Station Cash.

I don't think it will be any good because MMOs are a dead industry run by accountants.
afraid of this too
Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Banned

Hate this cash shop shit. I play Marvel Heroes and it works because you pay money for a hero/costume etc. That does not help you do anything more than the next guy. Sure you can buy rarity boosts and exp pots but TBH it does not help much.

I just hope the content you pay for is just visual and not giving access to certain places with better loot. I want to camp, I want to train someone who is camping and then kill the mob and take the loot. In classic when I wanted something, I just trained people.

Death better mean something too. Wanna raid fear and risk it with a sub-par group? Be prepared for a 2 hour CR. Wanna venture to FP from Qeynos at lv 5? Be prepared to get killed by a Giant or Griffon in EK and have to CR back.

Please make a PvP server which means something.
Closed Thread