Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it sounds like somebody that has tried a hundred different private servers and knows that people will grind quests instead of forming groups if there is no dungeon finder option because people have been accustomed to it for so long. Don't say I didn't warn you. If you need examples of this, try every vanilla private server in the history of vanilla private servers and let me know how forming a group goes for you.
It's a 1x rates server, if the dungeons work properly I 100% assure you people will be running VC, SM, Mara, for the ballin blue quests for it's level.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a 1x rates server, if the dungeons work properly I 100% assure you people will be running VC, SM, Mara, for the ballin blue quests for it's level.
I really hope so, not trying to be negative nancy, just always been dissapointed in WoW private servers, mostly due to the "fully scripted" myth that every server promises. I will certainly give it a shot.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

can you pay to win on this server? or put another way, do "donations" allow you easy access to certain items you'd normally be grinding etc?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:41 AM
Kobold

No, I don't even think there is a cosmetic shop. The head contributer to the project is some investor/trust fund guy and says the server will continuously be up without the help of the community. That being said I believe you can still donate for server upkeep or whatever.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:58 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks OP for posting this. I will def be trying this. I signed up on the forums and I'm starting to get hyped up for it. Shared the link with a few friends as well.

I logged onto my old Feenix account and did some BGs on the instant 60 server so I can knock the rust off my leet WoW skillz.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:33 AM
Fire Giant

Any U.S. based players been on beta that can tell us how the ping is and disconnects?
Old 02-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any U.S. based players been on beta that can tell us how the ping is and disconnects?
yea west coast here, my routing to EU is horrible and I was pulling around 140ms, no disconnects.

compared to the 300ms i often got on feenix servers this place seems like a miracle.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Kobold

Make sure you bring old morlaeth with you baub.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:23 PM
Large Rat

What race/class are you planning to play Flex?
Last edited by Gnorme; 02-23-2015 at 09:27 PM..
Old 02-23-2015, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting....its been so long with so many changes...i barely remember the class balance back then. I remember shamans been OP as fuck. And hunters didn't use pets...that's about it. Anyone bored enough to give me a class breakdown from way back when. +/- for each class etc?