Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 11:19 AM
Skeleton

Default What is a boxing infraction?

Someone else in my house wanted to play, I was told I had to come to the forum and petition to be able to do that. They said I could not, I had a boxing infraction. What is that?
Old 11-18-2019, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you got in trouble before for multiboxing so now they don't trust you to use an IP exemption except to cheat.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

In the past you tried to cheat and play two accounts at once.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:24 AM
Skeleton

I have never done that, don't even know how... like running the game twice on the same computer? Wouldn't they tell me I had been flagged?
Old 11-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

You wouldn't actually be able to log in two accounts from the same IP without an IP exemption. To get in trouble for boxing you were either using an IP exemption and a guide observed you and decided you were using two accounts but without actually being two separate people. Or maybe you used a software option or tethered a second PC to a cell phone's signal to play two accounts at once and someone noticed. Or something like that.

If you really never did, try to put a petition in the petition forum saying that you've been wrongly accused/punished.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:38 AM
Skeleton

Thanks, I questioned and found the culprit. He moved out years ago but I have stricken him from my will. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2019, 12:00 PM
Aviak

Best thing to do now is move to a new house a re-roll new characters.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:09 PM
Skeleton

Yeah I found that out! The kid who did it now has a son old enough to play. I guess we never recover from these things. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrica [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess we never recover from these things. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no rule against using a VPN or other method so you can have 2 people playing together from the same house but without an IP exemption. If you're actually two people on two accounts, you aren't breaking the rules. Double check with the staff, of course. But the quote below is the rule on boxing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean;
There is no 'boxing' on Project 1999 servers. Boxing is defined as having more than one client running from a single computer, or having more than one client running per person in the same household on different computers.
And you wouldn't have multiple clients on the same computer or more than one client per person in the same household. The thread giving this quote has a permissive "may" for getting IP exemptions but never says you can't work around needing one in order to play multiple people from the same house as long as you aren't boxing. And the thread in the petition forum ( https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...ement.php?f=25 ) doesn't mention IP exemptions being mandatory to play together.

If you ever get investigated though, you'd better not fail whatever test they have to verify you're not boxing, seeing as the new rule on boxing is permanent instant ban on top of the fact you have an infraction already anyways!
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-18-2019 at 01:25 PM..
Old 11-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Skeleton

Oh he definitely did it. He was apparently using my account to transfer something from one of his characters to another. I don't even remember it, but when I asked him, he said he did it. I said thanks now if someone else wants to play here I have to make a whole new account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's fine, it is a rule, he broke it. I am a big girl. Just know when they say permanent that is what they mean, not five years. Unfortunately it just keeps someone from playing who wants to play and wasn't the person who broke the rules.
Closed Thread