Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default "A connection to the server could not be reached"

This problem rose completely out of nowhere last night. I have been playing and have never had any other problem. I went link-dead in crushbone and when I tried to log back on, I couldn't, receiving the message at the log-in screen "a connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online." Clearly, I'm online... My brother asked to use my account to see if he could log-in on it and he could. So, what is going on? Please provide some info on this stupid problem since I really can't explain what the problem is. I have not messed with any files; I have not been banned or whatever. If my brother is able to log-in on my character on his computer, why can't I anymore on mine? This is so obnoxious. Please let me know.
Last edited by burked14; 11-03-2010 at 06:38 PM..
Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Angry

bump.

just an fyi: i went linkdead in the middle of a party, tried to get back on and couldnt, and havent been able to since last night with the same 'cant connect to server' error. i have uninstalled/reinstalled eq and done all the pre-req file transferring all over again, same issue. even made another ls account to hopefully at least play and create a new character, same issue. this problem makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to me..how you can play on and off throughout the day, lose connection, and not be able to any more 5 minutes later is COMPLETELY beyond me. i have absolutely no connection issues with any other online service (i.e. internet, xbox, final fantasy 11,, etc); my router works just fine... brother thinks its something wrong with how its installed, but as ive stated, it happened in 5 minutes when i got booted from game and couldnt get back on; i did not f**k with any files..until i reinstalled and re-transfered everything

please give me some insight.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

try blowing up your comp
Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

ok. so i just disabled my firewall for 2 minutes to log on and it worked, not sure why that is, but i found the solution on this thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=149391

read the bottom post, you dont need to uninstall, just disable temporarily
Old 03-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Large Bat

I still get this message: A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online. If the problem persists, please check our Network Status and Scheduled Downtime pages for updates. If the problem persists, please use our Help Link for further assistance.

I am online and Ive disabled firewall. however i keep getting this message. I even added eqgame.exe in firewall access list but still nothing..