Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

well now I change my toon. If it was indeed classic and proven, I believe mages should be as they were in classic at the start.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read this, see actual patch notes from May 1999: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=335869

So, no you are wrong...mage pets are OP on P99, not classic! My first character was mage and the pets sucked balls. The pets did not cast up until around 2.5 months in. Pets post level 20 did not exist in-game due to research broke. If research would have been fixed, the only way to get a pet post 20 would have been through research. Keep in mind that research drops were 300% rarer at the time. So most mages who made it past 20 ended up using the level 20 pet until 2.5 months in when it got fixed.
So, do we go 100% classic and have a class that is, by all accounts, unplayable?
Doesn't sound fun to me. Sometimes QoL changes are a good thing.

That said, pets right now are far too strong at low levels, but start to get weak at higher levels.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, do we go 100% classic and have a class that is, by all accounts, unplayable?

That said, pets right now are far too strong at low levels, but start to get weak at higher levels.
Yeah, starting a class for the sake of starting it and knowing it will be broken and then fixed later makes no sense.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is a weird attitude I notice people have who play here. How does mage pets being weaker than they are now all of a sudden make them unplayable? You aren't the first one who I've heard say this. You guys either want them OP or not playable at all it seems...

It's really not your choice. If P99 stands true to classic you will not be able to argue against that. Those were how things were on launch for mages. In true spirit of classicneess, P99 should abide by it. It's not just mage pets, it's necro pets too.

Either way, both classes are still highly playable, they just won't be OP.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Fire Giant

Just a question, How is the current pet state gonna mess up green?
Old 10-17-2019, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a weird attitude I notice people have who play here. How does mage pets being weaker than they are now all of a sudden make them unplayable? You aren't the first one who I've heard say this. You guys either want them OP or not playable at all it seems...

It's really not your choice. If P99 stands true to classic you will not be able to argue against that. Those were how things were on launch for mages. In true spirit of classicneess, P99 should abide by it. It's not just mage pets, it's necro pets too.

Either way, both classes are still highly playable, they just won't be OP.
But the original Mage apparently had no pets post-20. To me that's straight up broken and unplayable. Not sure what your definition is.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
But the original Mage apparently had no pets post-20. To me that's straight up broken and unplayable.
Agreed!
Old 10-17-2019, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Even if Mage pets weren't casting spells during launch it wouldn't really matter. They are still an OP class simply due to the way that NPCs scale versus players. A low level Mage pet is much stronger than a low level player character.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if Mage pets weren't casting spells during launch it wouldn't really matter. They are still an OP class simply due to the way that NPCs scale versus players. A low level Mage pet is much stronger than a low level player character.
They died super fast....you can tell by all the comments posted by low level mages during early 1999. Maybe that's another issue here on P99, mage pets have more hps than they should? Would be hard to verify.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed!
The issue was research was flat our broke...all they have to do is make sure research works. Now remember, the research drops were 300% rarer at the time though. As long as research functions this should not be an issue.
Closed Thread