Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 12:29 AM
Sarnak

Default is it still possible to filter chat window messages to multiple windows?

is it still possible to filter chat window messages to multiple windows?

whenever the patch that removed hotkeybar2/3/4 etc occured it also seemingly blanked out all my custom chat window settings forever? was this just me? can I just set them up? or was multiple chat windows deemed unclassic?

the thing that's weird is I still have 5 chat windows, but 4 of them are blank.

edit:
I'm also wondering if there's anyway to change which 1 hotbar I have. It seems that despite only using 1hotbar, the hotbar I was using must've been a 2nd or 3rd hotbar because the one all my characters used is the one that got nuked and the one I'm left with is a default one i never bothered to use. I'm using duxaui, anyone know if there's a way to retrieve my hotbar information or easily swap all my hotkeys for example for all my characters from the now defunct barX to bar1?
Old 10-18-2019, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it still possible to filter chat window messages to multiple windows?

whenever the patch that removed hotkeybar2/3/4 etc occured it also seemingly blanked out all my custom chat window settings forever? was this just me? can I just set them up? or was multiple chat windows deemed unclassic?

the thing that's weird is I still have 5 chat windows, but 4 of them are blank.

edit:
I'm also wondering if there's anyway to change which 1 hotbar I have. It seems that despite only using 1hotbar, the hotbar I was using must've been a 2nd or 3rd hotbar because the one all my characters used is the one that got nuked and the one I'm left with is a default one i never bothered to use. I'm using duxaui, anyone know if there's a way to retrieve my hotbar information or easily swap all my hotkeys for example for all my characters from the now defunct barX to bar1?
Yes, it is still possible. Not sure what you are saying when you explain your hotbar issue.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Look inside charactername_servername.ini in your EQ folder under the section [HotButtons] (e.g. Noodles_P1999Green.ini).

Once you look in there and are suitably confused, it will be time to remake your hotbars manually from scratch.

Also, if you're planning on playing Green, forget duxa, get used to velious ui.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look inside charactername_servername.ini in your EQ folder under the section [HotButtons] (e.g. Noodles_P1999Green.ini).

Once you look in there and are suitably confused, it will be time to remake your hotbars manually from scratch.

Yeah that's what I figured.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

actually when i finally followed your advice it worked! I just copy/pasted hotbuttons4 and hotbuttons!!! I mean the codes were gibberish to me, but that didn't matter so much because all I wanted to do was swap hotbar4 with hotbar1!

Thanks!

now if only I could find my chat window settings in a ini file to restore those (they were setup the same on my alts who I haven't logged in since the big ui update, so in theory I could swap my alt's chat window setup into my main's file.... if I knew what section of what file it was under...
Closed Thread