Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

I'm confused as to why you created a thread in "Green Discussion", and then, without anyone corroborating with you, and without providing any in era evidence, you decided to then create a bug report.

Still no one seems to agree with you, so unless you have some sort of evidence...
Old 10-22-2019, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused as to why you created a thread in "Green Discussion", and then, without anyone corroborating with you, and without providing any in era evidence, you decided to then create a bug report.

Still no one seems to agree with you, so unless you have some sort of evidence...
Hey, why don't you try reading? There are several issues I brought up in 2 different threads. Other people remember the same in that other thread. this thread is a different issue, and is obviously filled by people who did not play kiting classes in EQ. Every druid who got to 50+ in classic kiting would tell you this is wrong. Find me any druids complaining about picking up adds when doing med-kiting because of this bizarre aggro behavior or any kiting guides warning you about this happening, which is what 90% of druids did who weren't quad kiting. Med kiting is where you run and meditate between ticks.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they are social then this is definitely correct behaviour actually. I remember this from live. Sitting will cause green con mobs to aggro as the fleeing mob runs past them. You're seen as an easy target.
This dude is a boss
Old 10-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This dude is a boss
Sadly, completely wrong. Again find me one druid post or one druid kiting guide warning against this unclassic behavior.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Sitting will agro any KoS/ social faction mobs your fleeing mob passes. It's how I pull in low level dungeons. Beat one to near death, sit, wait.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sitting will agro any KoS/ social faction mobs your fleeing mob passes. It's how I pull in low level dungeons. Beat one to near death, sit, wait.
Dungeons such as? And are you actually talking about classic or on p99? obviously a big dif.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Runnyeye, blackburrow, paw, crushbone, mistmoore...
Old 10-22-2019, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Runnyeye, blackburrow, paw, crushbone, mistmoore...
I'll assume you will answer "classic" to the previous unanswered question, but you are clearly misremembering. You would never try sit pulling because mobs would only run slighty further than cast range. It would be a waste of your time versus just going in the rooms and sit in their faces yourself.

This behavior only happens with green mobs that would always attack you if you walked into range of them regardless.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

You're not going to see that fixed on p99. They've known about the mobs not stopping when you're sitting for about 9 years now.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're not going to see that fixed on p99. They've known about the mobs not stopping when you're sitting for about 9 years now.
So you are not misremembering, you are simply mentioning something irrelevant to the unclassicness of these issues?
Closed Thread