Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

I'm saying it's working as intended on p99.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

let's see the synopsis of this exchange
1. I note apparent unclassic behivor involving green aggro
2. you chime in with an anecdote about how you use it to pull dungeons.
3. I point out that there is no way your anecdote of pulling dungeons was classic, hence irrelevant to the issue I presented.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly, completely wrong. Again find me one druid post or one druid kiting guide warning against this unclassic behavior.
they're not putting invis pulling back in either

sorry fella
Old 10-22-2019, 08:51 PM
Former Guide

Moved to Green Discussion. You posted no evidence, please do not do so until it has been gathered. The tone in this thread is not appropriate for bug forums either.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

So I used to do the pull from the top of Blackburrow on live (never tried it here, I'm actually not sure if it works here). It was always my understanding that the gnolls would assist each other regardless of whether they were gray or red, but sitting increases your agro range. So if you agroed a gnoll in the pit and sat at the entrance, you'd get a bit more gnolls coming for you.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

Sit aggro does seem a bit too high on the P99 servers. Sometimes it seems like no matter how much threat the tank has built up the mob will beeline to anyone who sits down....
Old 10-22-2019, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sitting will agro any KoS/ social faction mobs your fleeing mob passes. It's how I pull in low level dungeons. Beat one to near death, sit, wait.
It was actually worse than that. Back on Brell Serilis retail classic playing a magician, if I sent my pet to attack a target and there were one or 2 more enemies just standing near it, all 3 would attack my pet if I was standing. The one or two extra enemies that were not engaged by the pet would instantly charge me if I sat down.

In addition, if I sent the pet at one of a group of 3 enemies and I sat down before the pet would reach them, what would happen is all 3 would charge me instantly with the initial target of the pet being intercepted by the blob and staying to fight it, while the other 2 rushed by to stomp me. On P1999, none of this happens. You can send your pet in on 3 targets and sit down and by some miracle, all 3 stay on the pet until you do something to generate additional aggro.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=337173

I made this thread explaining one issue related to sit aggro, but now I stumbled on another. When a mob has me on their hate list, and I'm sitting down, if they run past any other KOs mob they will attack me, even if they aren't in visual range of me and even if they are too low level to aggro me in the first place.
So when was the time line this happened and when was it changed?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Sadly, completely wrong. Again find me one druid post or one druid kiting guide warning against this unclassic behavior.
It’s evidence that’s needed for changes, otherwise things are kept as is.

Memory is very failable so it is not taken as evidence.

Go find some evidence and you can help your case. Otherwise, nothing is going to change.
Closed Thread