Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Combat bind wound shouldn't have been possible until at *least* Kunark, because the / commands for macros weren't in the client. There was no /sit, /doability, /pause etc.
You don't need to macro or type anything to do it, you can just do all that manually I did for a while, just target yourself, click bind wound, click stand, retarget mob, turn auto attack on and voila.

Bash and push from melee attacks can and will interupt the bind wound, so it's mostly useful soloing weak mobs for your level (low blues) who will miss a fair amount, if the mob quad or is hasted you will get constantly interupted, same thing if you tank more than one mob.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Sure, but there's definitely a reason people weren't doing this in classic.

My suspicions: either combat swings didn't happen while binding wound and/or the sit button wouldn't end your crouch.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I know because I was the guy who suggested to the dev coding this stuff, while beta testing Velious as a Guide, that we should be able to do %t for target macros when pulling mobs etc. He said it was a good idea and he'd implement it. And he did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Thanks.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need to macro or type anything to do it, you can just do all that manually I did for a while, just target yourself, click bind wound, click stand, retarget mob, turn auto attack on and voila.

Bash and push from melee attacks can and will interupt the bind wound, so it's mostly useful soloing weak mobs for your level (low blues) who will miss a fair amount, if the mob quad or is hasted you will get constantly interupted, same thing if you tank more than one mob.
Bash has nothing to do with the interrupts, it's the push. You just need to find a wall or corner to put your back against.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

fungi + bloodpoint x2 + combat BW and a shaman to regen you for regen while berserk and haste = damn near mana free xp on warrior sham duo
Old 09-18-2019, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bash has nothing to do with the interrupts, it's the push. You just need to find a wall or corner to put your back against.
But bash actually create push that interupt you, at least on p99.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Is this even classic? I feel like bind wound always got interrupted by damage on classic (and still does on live iirc)

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 09-18-2019, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this even classic? I feel like bind wound always got interrupted by damage on classic (and still does on live iirc)
this is what I was thinking

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-18-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Not quite in era, but from 2002:

Quote:
One other thing: You can successfully bandage someone even while they are in melee! As long as they don't deliberately walk forward or backward during your bandage, you'll be successful.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...01793720666308

However this is someone being *bound*, not someone doing the binding. They are different.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

It sounds like the type of thing that would be in classic haha

I admitedly am learning about it right now, but I have avoided bind wound like the plague.

I have found everything I avoided like the plague in classic everquests, is exploitable and turns out is the most powerful feature in the game.

I avoided learning how recharging items worked on live, because it was so insanely complicated sounding to my stupid 12 year old ears.

Same with like, spell slot 1 and instant clicky spell refreshes!

I never knew about that until someone blabbed the secret strats of the alpha gamers on p99!
Closed Thread