Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guirssane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the answers guys, I will go for it then even if there will be some times where it might get hard finding a group. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should be able to solo a bit at 22 with animal fear hopefully
I hope you manage to hit 22 before Velious hits (no panic animal for rangers before then).
Old 10-18-2019, 09:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope you manage to hit 22 before Velious hits (no panic animal for rangers before then).
Ah true, didn't remember
Old 10-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger is a great class. Not a specifically great class in a raid but adequate dps and lots of utility. Can kite for days.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:30 AM
Sarnak

There's a good chance the server will be busy enough at start that all people are looking for is a warm body to fill out a group.

You could be that warm body!

(and if not, at least you can still solo. Unlike them poor rusty dagger-wielding Rogues)
Old 10-19-2019, 01:08 PM
Skeleton

I have no desire to group with a Ranger.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

as a Troll SK i will group with anyone and everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2019, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Hi OP,

Casual here. A lot of others like me, I'm sure. We probably won't even see the end game and if we do it will be a long ways off. Will have no problem grouping with X amount of hybrids. Personally playing for the journey, not a rush to end game. If you love the class play it! Cheers
Old 10-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilution [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as a Troll SK i will group with anyone and everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also going with troll sk and I'd gladly duo with a ranger. We could kite for days or bounce aggro back and forth.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also think SK def beats ranger for aggro. Are you comparing flame lick to DC? Cus the better comparison would be flamer lick to shadow vortex, then tack on DC. And snare (for both). Rangers do generate more straight melee aggro, though.
I wasn't really trying hard because the ranger was MT, but last night in CoM I could not pull aggro off the Ranger without casting multiple snap spells and mashing all the aggro buttons (taunt disarm etc)

If SHD > RNG, then (SHD - RNG) / (SHD) is a pretty small positive number.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

I can tell you from playing a ranger on blue that they are VERY welcomed in groups. More so than my paladin. People only invite my paladin to a group if they need a tank. One spot per group.

Ranger on the other hand will be invited to groups for three reasons. One, if they need a tank and can't find a pally, sk or warrior. Two, if they need a puller because harmony and bows make the ranger a pulling class. Three, if they just need more dps because you are considered a melee dps class of which most groups like to have two or three at least.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Closed Thread