Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Default Wacky non classic aggro issues

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=337173

I made this thread explaining one issue related to sit aggro, but now I stumbled on another. When a mob has me on their hate list, and I'm sitting down, if they run past any other KOs mob they will attack me, even if they aren't in visual range of me and even if they are too low level to aggro me in the first place.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

This sounds normal to me. No matter what, if a MOB is on your hate list, when they get near another MOB of their faction, you are now on their hate list as well. I can remember MOBs being low on HP, fleeing and then disappearing thru the wall in a dungeon and we would just all zone cause we knew that a major train was coming as they passed by all of their friends.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds normal to me. No matter what, if a MOB is on your hate list, when they get near another MOB of their faction, you are now on their hate list as well. I can remember MOBs being low on HP, fleeing and then disappearing thru the wall in a dungeon and we would just all zone cause we knew that a major train was coming as they passed by all of their friends.

No it's not normal. And it's not classic. my sit aggro is being transferred to the other mob for some reason. The other mob has no idea im sitting, or shouldn't have any idea I'm sitting anyway.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it's not normal. And it's not classic. my sit aggro is being transferred to the other mob for some reason. The other mob has no idea im sitting, or shouldn't have any idea I'm sitting anyway.
True! But if they run past another MOB on their faction, sitting or not sitting, you're on their hate list now.

Unless I am not understanding your post.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True! But if they run past another MOB on their faction, sitting or not sitting, you're on their hate list now.

Unless I am not understanding your post.
No, if you entered their hate list they would come rushing to attack you regardless if you were sitting or not.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

If the two mobs are social with each other, this may be correct behaviour. Are they social?
Old 10-22-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

It's not correct even if they are.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

If they are social then this is definitely correct behaviour actually. I remember this from live. Sitting will cause green con mobs to aggro as the fleeing mob runs past them. You're seen as an easy target.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they are social then this is definitely correct behaviour actually. I remember this from live. Sitting will cause green con mobs to aggro as the fleeing mob runs past them. You're seen as an easy target.
This is how I remember it as well. Sorry OP![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2019, 10:50 AM
Orc

Back in classic a green would attack you even if you were lvl 50 in qeynos newbie field and it was just a gnoll pup (if you are sitting).
Closed Thread