Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 11:35 AM
VIP / Contributor

Nilbog and Rogean have literally been there in person with Daybreak employees, at the EverQuest Museum in San Diego. They had a section there where Project 1999 was displayed.

Holly Longdale has gone on record stating that she would rather see people interested in true classic EverQuest play on Project 1999 as they don't have the resources to provide a true classic experience.
John Smedley was the one who orchestrated the deal and every time a C&D went to his desk for legal approval, he'd stand up for EQEmu stating that they're just hyper fans of the game.

They're a lot more open than when they were Sony-owned.

This thread is fearmongering.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 10-23-2019, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be careful! We have no idea what his sexual orientation is and it would be foolish to assume.
Oh god the guy defending the spotlight candles?

Pour that Soylent out and meet me in the Erudin library on Friday to fix ur brain.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Probably best if you don't play OP. Far too risky.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog and Rogean have literally been there in person with Daybreak employees, at the EverQuest Museum in San Diego. They had a section there where Project 1999 was displayed.

Holly Longdale has gone on record stating that she would rather see people interested in true classic EverQuest play on Project 1999 as they don't have the resources to provide a true classic experience.
John Smedley was the one who orchestrated the deal and every time a C&D went to his desk for legal approval, he'd stand up for EQEmu stating that they're just hyper fans of the game.

They're a lot more open than when they were Sony-owned.

This thread is fearmongering.
Great post, added to http://wiki.project1999.com/Daybreak_Game_Company [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-23-2019 at 12:35 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blimey. Ungrateful much.

THe majority of us are eternally grateful to Roegan and co for providing such an incredible experience. He owes us nothing, if you choose to use your time playing this its your business.

Play it or dont. Its that simple. He owes us no explanations, no favours and quite frankly your lucky he even bothered to respond to you.
I understand being grateful for this free service, but do you really expect anyone to believe you would not be upset if you invested most of your free leisure hours into this server over the next few months, and one Saturday morning, you go to login to your character, and the plug is pulled?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not a lawyer either, but that guy is a corporate attorney. Maybe he can post back and answer me a question. Cause you see I was wondering, if I own a piece of software that sends out signals, and I send those signals to a guy who puts them in a giant calculator and sends them back to me, how is copyright involved? Because the guy with that calculator, he built that himself. And the client software, I have a receipt for that.
I'm not sure what your question is really. This analogy sort of misses the IP issue involved between P99 and Daybreak.

At any rate, I wasn't agreeing with OP that I think P99 is at risk of being shut down. I was just saying that Daybreak likely could if they wanted to, which they probably never would because P99 will never get to the level of causing an economic issue for Daybreak.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Ya'll are feeding the troll...
Old 10-23-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll are feeding the troll...
Yeah, but at least we got some great staff quotes for the wiki, and now the next time anyone wants to wig out over this everyone can just link the Daybreak page to them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-23-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but at least we got some great staff quotes for the wiki, and now the next time anyone wants to wig out over this everyone can just link the Daybreak page to them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see what you did there!
Old 10-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand being grateful for this free service, but do you really expect anyone to believe you would not be upset if you invested most of your free leisure hours into this server over the next few months, and one Saturday morning, you go to login to your character, and the plug is pulled?
the server has been running for 10 years, why can't you get that through you're thick skull, DON"T PLAY here the community is already annoyed with you and you haven't even started.
Closed Thread