Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 09:18 AM
Kobold

no

not classic

"it's already not classic" is not a good argument for making it even more not classic
Old 10-23-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

It’s custom content which the developers have continually stated they’d like to do at some point. It inherently is not classic.

But my idea doesn’t create new items, new monsters, new quests, new methods of advancing your character.

It just brings back in a few monsters and items that were previously removed, to provide additional content to a server that will grow increasingly stale as it ages and as green becomes an alternative.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:08 AM
Banned

would putting manastones back into blue also be custom content?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Just have Warders have a PH.

Maybe one day itll spawn and not the PH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2019, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no

not classic

"it's already not classic" is not a good argument for making it even more not classic
itt a bunch of retired red players who woke sleeper on red are qqing about sleeper reset on blue

???
Old 10-23-2019, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

On one hand I would like to keep rare items rare, exclusive items is a big part of EQ, and i'm not sure we should completely take that away.

On the other hand if they just intend to roll green into blue, then those items will lose their rarity anyway, so might as well bring the warders back on Blue.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the other hand if they just intend to roll green into blue, then those items will lose their rarity anyway...
That depends on how long the Sleeper gets to sleep on green. I suspect not long and those items will remain rare.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That depends on how long the Sleeper gets to sleep on green. I suspect not long and those items will remain rare.
I imagine 1 guild will be able to easily control Sleepers on Green likely for the entire duration.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that’s the point of the Blue server now.

Pet windows, cycle Target window, custom UIs, 4 years of Velious. It’s designed to be not classic at this point.

The developers long stated that they were considering custom content for blue after reaching the final patch which it has. What better custom content than content that was already in game and got removed.

Just enable the sleeper warders to spawn again and disable the sleeper script so they will continue to spawn for the life of the server.

After that for additional custom content I think they could probably think about reinstating some of the other legacy drops. Manastones, Guises, Holgresh Beads, Lockets, Fungi staves etc. But in these cases I’d encourage them to place the drops on different mobs than originally dropped them. You don’t want these to be too absurdly common.

For example have one or two of them drop from mobs in the depths of Skyshrine, the random level 60-66 Named mobs that no one has ever killed. Have Neb in Dragon Necropolis drop another one, maybe have Seneschal or one of the Icewell named drop another one. Perhaps lockets drop rarely from guardian wurms or drakes in VP. Just as a few examples. Maybe manastones from Bladestorms or sphinxes in PoSky and Guises from 2nd floor dark elves in PoHate. Just as a few ideas.

Put these legacy items as fairly rare (1-2% for trash maybe 5% for single named like Neb or Seneschal) drops from a bunch of level 60+ content that sees little traffic due to its poor RvR in the classic state. I’d love to see full groups camping the giant kodiak in Icewell or the Named wurms in Skyshrine or farming Veeshans Peak trash for a low chance at a legacy item.
Naw dude, server is not "not classic" in the way you describe. In that regard you could justify just about anything by pointing out a few things that are "not classic" as a function of continuity. The reason you can still duck spell casts (I think) is the same reason they shouldn't change their mind on an important timeline issue such as Sleeper.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you should reset the sleeper on Blue and prevent the script from triggering again. Just let the nerds who want to keep farming blue pixels have some “new” content in the form of the 4 warders they can farm every 5 days.

There’s been discussion about what kind of custom content belongs on Blue and I think the very first custom content should coincide with Green launch, and that would be to reinstate ST warders and disable the sleepers script so that they can be farmed until the end of time.
+1