Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like anybody who isn't at least a little bit concerned after some of the stuff that's popped up on the green beta in the last week is only worried about being able to play right now and not whether the server is really ready.
You mean like when they launched Luclin and guilds got a vex thall key and went to use the key and OOPS found vex thall hadnt been finished yet.

Bugs pale in comparison to that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A gm literally told a guild on my server "yeah...we didnt think people would get keys so fast"
Old 10-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like anybody who isn't at least a little bit concerned after some of the stuff that's popped up on the green beta in the last week is only worried about being able to play right now and not whether the server is really ready.
What are your top five primary concerns? Asking seriously, I casually browse the green bug forums but I'm not hammering away heavily at beta personally.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are your top five primary concerns? Asking seriously, I casually browse the green bug forums but I'm not hammering away heavily at beta personally.
Just a couple days ago people were dinging 51 on green. imagine if everyone was like you and didn't put the time in on beta befor launch? Never would have found that. Worse, the vast majority of people 35+ on the server right now are people just looking for exploits to abuse on green instead of bugs to fix before green launches.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would also like to see a list of major concerns. The people hitting level 51 doesn't really bother me, since that's a very easy fix to make for Friday.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyftfingers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather a better finished product than a sooner release date, personally. If P99 is an attempt at recreating the original Everquest, why not give the devs a bit more time to make the experience more nostalgic and enjoyable.
nobody really cares what you think if you haven't been reading, you're the only one fighting for this.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would also like to see a list of major concerns. The people hitting level 51 doesn't really bother me, since that's a very easy fix to make for Friday.
The point is if something that major is in days before launch, it's indicative of many other potentially huge bugs/exploits. If that doesn't bother you, then nothing would.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worse, the vast majority of people 35+ on the server right now are people just looking for exploits to abuse on green instead of bugs to fix before green launches.
who are you on beta to come to this conclusion?

as a lv 50 in the biggest guild frequently exploring and helping people and testing things, i seem to be experiencing a different reality than you

also edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point is if something that major is in days before launch, it's indicative of many other potentially huge bugs/exploits. If that doesn't bother you, then nothing would.
what major things are still in? the lv 51 thing you mentioned is patched. the drops are fixed. what potentially huge bugs/exploits are left?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh, I see, you're hoping to find a major exploit you can keep hidden and use for personal gain, but you haven't hit on one yet so you need more time?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
JWorse, the vast majority of people 35+ on the server right now are people just looking for exploits to abuse on green instead of bugs to fix before green launches.
I have not played with, or seen these players that you speak of.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean, no it's not. That's pure speculation. And in a conversation about whether or not to delay a server launch, the issues should be listed. Not some vague "oh well this one issue exists which means there 100% HAS to be other major issues going on."

I'm asking what the issues people have seen are. Not sure why it's bad to ask for a list of those. If there are so many significant issues that we need to delay a launch, I would imagine they'd be known and people could list them.
Closed Thread