Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are 14 classes, OP wants combinations using 12 different classes.
It's a loaded question.
I didn't find this confusing. He wants you to pick no more than 1 of each class to compose 2 groups. That there are 14 classes means 2 classes get left out.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to make an ogre only guild. In that case I would make the group composition

Shaman Shaman SK SK Warrior Warrior

Might swap one SK for another warrior or shaman for higher DPS
Naw, SK, Sham, War*4. Warrior better DPS. Depending on lvl range might want second sham for more heals, although letting wars catch up to SK aggro will let them ping pong and share dmg.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't find this confusing. He wants you to pick no more than 1 of each class to compose 2 groups. That there are 14 classes means 2 classes get left out.
Right, I said that aswell. But the problem is there isn't some infinite number of combinations.

I believe there is only ~91 combinations. Furthermore the problem in my mind lies with only allowing 1 of each class. This hugely impacts group composition.

ultimately 12 mages is the correct answer. I didn't even bring up erudites so idk where you got that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, I said that aswell. But the problem is there isn't some infinite number of combinations.

I believe there is only ~91 combinations. Furthermore the problem in my mind lies with only allowing 1 of each class. This hugely impacts group composition.

ultimately 12 mages is the correct answer. I didn't even bring up erudites so idk where you got that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now I'm confused about how you could be so confused by this thread.

Nobody ever said there are a million combinations here. There's no problem here because it's just a hypothetical. His criteria do affect group composition. That's the entire point of a thought experiment like this. 12 mages isn't even a valid answer, let alone "the correct answer," because it isn't even responsive to the question being asked. He didn't ask what your favorite two groups were, or what the strongest two groups were. He asked how would you build two groups using no more than 1 of each class so that both groups perform well to earn experience.

And I was talking about erudites because that part of my reply was addressed to Raekwondo. I thought that much was obvious since I specifically quoted him right before the part of my post that was directed at him.

Yeesh, Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-23-2019 at 12:19 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeesh, Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm honestly not invested in this thread. I post a lot, none of them at A's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So yeah 1 warrior, 1 cleric and 10 rogues.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw, SK, Sham, War*4. Warrior better DPS. Depending on lvl range might want second sham for more heals, although letting wars catch up to SK aggro will let them ping pong and share dmg.
Yeah I'm worried about heals.amount in the hi 40s lot of burden on 1 shammy
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

GP 1. Rogue, pally, bard, shm, monk, druid. Dwarf pally, barb rogue/shm, half elf bard, halfling druid/human monk. Melee group maxamizing melee dmg. All good race to kill evil guards. Druid for DS and movement.

GP 2. SK, cle, ench, mage, necro, wizard. Ogre sk, DE cle/ench/mage/necro/wizard. Maximizing caster group. All evil race to kill good guards. Wizard for movement. This group wants to farm jboots.

GP 2 has more pre-kunark dps.. GP 1 will catch up kunark. Both groups can handle any situation.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:12 PM
Orc

Yah! There are 14 classes ��
Old 10-23-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Loaded question doesn't mean a complex/difficult question it means a malformed question that includes a false premise that by answering you accept automatically.