Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once a month sleeper repop. That is all.
NEVER GUUNA HAPPPEENN

Consider Green if you want a shot at the sleeper.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

I would, admittedly, like to see some LIMITED AAs to make life a bit easier and more exciting for 60s.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Shared bank slots and a mailing system were you could mail items between accounts you own(some sort of system to flag your accounts). QoL stuff like that would give more time to actually playing instead of logistics
Old 06-03-2020, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I'm glad you asked! In 2017, a number of new quests were added
Here's the thing: the staff has already said that they're not interested in using custom content to re-create more Verant/SOE stuff, or at least not exactly (eg. they might use a live zone, but fill it with non-live mobs). They've been re-creating stuff for over a decade, and custom content is finally their chance to have some fun and not be constrained by classic research (and they've explicitly said that making new content is easier for them than re-creating Verant/SOE stuff).

I can't rule out them re-creating quests ... and personally one thing I'm truly hoping for is a Shawl #8 quest that involves Blacksmithing somehow ... but based on what they've said in the past, I'd expect that if one gets added it will be custom-made, not the Luclin-era one.

(P.S. But of course I'm just referencing out of context posts from years ago, and the staff could certainly change their minds even if I'm correct.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-03-2020 at 11:31 AM..
Old 06-03-2020, 01:04 PM
Kobold

My Custom Content Pipe Dream

If I could wave a magic wand to have custom content appear, it would be to have more "chain" quests, like the shawl, ring, badge, but for every gear slot....gear you can upgrade by quest as you go along. With quest rewards useful on a per character basis, like the Benevolence reward for example.

The quests would be interesting, lore-filled, and for extra coolness would be devised such that if you repeated the questline with another character, you would get a slightly different experience/adventure. Meaning, the Troll SK quests for the "Cloak of Customness" would be somewhat different (in flavour text and/or mechanics) to the Woodelf druid quests but for a similar quality of item.

And finally, my pipedream custom quest scales with level, so that you can start these quests at very low level, and hunt orc pawns for the first step of the quest, but if you start the quest at level 50, you get the drops you need somewhere level appropriate instead. The point being - a benefit for starting the questlines with a new character, and stopping level 50s disrupting lower levels by farming green mobs for their version of the quest.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

a horror construct in Cazic Thule. Its a ykesha mob, but you can totally kill it in velious gear and would be fun.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you don’t got warder loot.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

I think I have said it before but the only custom content I would like to see on P99 Blue is shared bank slots and the improved tradeskill interface.
Closed Thread