Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you want to do the ring 8 roll?
Roll at the same time as the day before 11 7.53%
Roll 30 minutes before Gloradin pops 21 14.38%
Roll when Gloradin pops (everyone who rolls helps with the fight) 114 78.08%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 08:49 AM
Banned

Treat it just like Scout.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:04 PM
Kobold

No legitimacy unless Menden or someone weighs in on this thread, IMO.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

Saw people arguing on this in EW earlier, poll results seems clear. Menden needs to rubber-stamp.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean now you're either asking:

5x the number of people to show up so each person has their group ready for their roll.

Or

The turn in to be pushed back by half an hour each time. So the winner can assemble a group.
Nah, after a minute turn in goes FFA.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, after a minute turn in goes FFA.
I mean if you roll at spawn then it has to be one of those options.

If it goes FFA after a minute then it's A.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:08 PM
Kobold

Bit of a jump in logic there. Mind explaining how you came to that conclusion?
Old 04-10-2020, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bit of a jump in logic there. Mind explaining how you came to that conclusion?
If you roll on the pop, and you have 60 seconds to turn in, and the other people do not help you with the fight (as per the person I was responding to) how would you NOT have to show up to the roll with a kill force in tow?
Old 04-10-2020, 09:13 PM
Kobold

Exactly, you would have to have your kill force with you, thus reducing the numbers of people that will show up. Anybody can pop on last minute and chuck are roll at scout, ring 8, whatever, but people aren't going to put that effort to get their own kill force, so you will see scout roll go from 30 people to 5, etc. To keep people from moving the timer and leisurely collecting a kill force, the 1 min window to turn in will allow people that came prepared to turn in and get their item.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Exactly, you would have to have your kill force with you, thus reducing the numbers of people that will show up. Anybody can pop on last minute and chuck are roll at scout, ring 8, whatever, but people aren't going to put that effort to get their own kill force, so you will see scout roll go from 30 people to 5, etc. To keep people from moving the timer and leisurely collecting a kill force, the 1 min window to turn in will allow people that came prepared to turn in and get their item.
But people currently need to get their own kill force, they just have time to gather it within 30 minutes. It doesn't currently work like scout, you can't currently roll up, roll and then get a free quest turn in for winning.

All your requiring is more people to put in more time. This is the worst possible set up, worse than having the roll 30 minutes before pop as it currently is.

If I have say 5 friends willing to help me and they say "okay let me know and I'll grab a port to help" and stay at camp while I roll currently, under this set up they'd need to be in EW at the roll with me every single day.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:23 PM
Kobold

Exactly. Don't bring your own kill force, don't get a roll. These rolls would be immensely more obtainable for people putting in the effort because it throws out all the hangers-on that just show up and expect free shit.
Closed Thread