Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 01:59 AM
Aviak

We just need 1 big mega-guild. No reason for there to be multiple raiding guilds on the same server. Just join, earn DKP, spend DKP. It's infinitely better than this arbitrary "competition" for raid mobs.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:03 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also: Fuck BDA #1 scum guild of P99
Old 10-22-2015, 02:17 AM
Banned

im actually onboard with BDA getting their own server; just remove mobs that drop raid loot

it's not about the pixels, right?
Old 10-22-2015, 02:22 AM
Aviak

Here's an idea...clear the north wing trash mobs like they were meant to be?
Oh wait this is P99...

Chev
Old 10-22-2015, 02:52 AM
Sarnak

Didn't read thread. If you can't kill a mob in the wing it spawns in, don't kill it. You're training everyone else, fuckfaces. Grow some balls and take faction hits.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:11 AM
Banned

Can't help but think BDA chooses it's own morality when it suits.

If that exact same video was another guilds train, and it was Juevento's chubby stumpy body poking out of the cubby, then this thread would have been phrased to trash everyone for "training".

Tldr;
BDA gets trained - "waaaah."
BDA trains others - "/shrug, ain't our fault."

Chest grow some balls buddy and just admit when BDA are in the wrong.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:35 AM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The key thing about Detoxx's lunatic ravings is that; that wasn't BDAs train. We pulled the net hallway mobs to West ent and then saw Ikatiar pathing back FROM west and tried to grab him out of that mess. That was the FTE that Detoxx thinks was due to a BDA pull. I have no clue how or who pulled him initially to west. Prolly Taken.
Dude, I have pure fraps of all guilds training at some point in Ntov and west
Old 10-22-2015, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Caveat: I don't raid here.

I raided pretty heavily on Live from Velious-PoP. I never went on raid that trained/kited trash away from raid targets before RZtWL, where we kited the adds that spawned.

I believe the FTE rule is largely to blame for the mess. On Nameless, the rule was "First in force". First guild to gather its raid force in a zone got to pick its target (North, West, HoT). This worked fantastically well for lots of reasons. Primarily, it forced guilds to prioritize their targets. If guild A is claiming NToV, then they can't also claim Tormax, or Statue. This let more guilds get more targets and eliminated the need to train trash around to tag targets.

I know why we have FTE. But it seems like with top guilds having 2-3 different raid forces of alts parked around the game, it essentially locks smaller guilds out of raiding. If Guild A is socking ToV North, and trak pops, they can camp over to their alts, FTE and kill it before a less coordinated guild can mobilize. They can do this without losing their shot at ToV north. With first in force, if Guild A wanted to go after Trak, they would have to disengage ToV north and lose their claim at North, which would let smaller guilds take Trak.
I love this idea. Unfortunately, there would be basically no way to enforce it. Devs had to add FTE just to get people to stop shitting up the system. Imagine if the only "proof" they had first force was a shopped screen cap? Perhaps if we had a stronger GM presence to lay down the law a few times until people straightened out.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love this idea. Unfortunately, there would be basically no way to enforce it. Devs had to add FTE just to get people to stop shitting up the system. Imagine if the only "proof" they had first force was a shopped screen cap? Perhaps if we had a stronger GM presence to lay down the law a few times until people straightened out.

Appreciate you not trolling. I don't think it needs a strong gm presence. Every raid guild rolls with fraps on all the time anyways. It's not hard set numbers for encounters, we have enough data and experience to know what these encounters take.

We can argue about when the threshold for "first in force" is met, pure numbers would be easiest to enforce. If everyone agrees that it takes 30 people to kill a target, then whichever guild gets 30 people in the zone first (no doubt with fraps running) gets to claim the target and other guilds have to go find something else to do. Maybe a certain raod makeup could be required for higher priority Vel targets. (Like you need XYZ clerics/enchanters for NToV to claim).

Would there still be drama? OF COURSE!

We have drama because people get upset over competitive content. First in force means the drama plays out at zonelines and results in guilds moving on to do other things instead of have 3 guilds frothing at the mouth training each other trying to get FTE on the same targets. First in force doesn't reduce drama, it reduces trains and increases access to content for less competitive guilds.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Until first in force turns into a guild sitting at the designated spot 40 people deep 24 hours before the content even comes into window to secure their shot. P99 is home to a special sort of degenerate.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread