Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Karnor's Castle - doesn't really qualify as a dungeon. You can Jboots and train out, not to mention most of the time it's overcamped.

Howling Stones West - solo probably 58+ unless you want to struggle for no reason. Duo 56+

Velks - depends on area. Spiders: like 45+... Upper spiders including loot camps: 55ish+ I suppose unless you want to struggle and get your named pops stolen when you die to a charm break. Upper dogs: I wanna say 55+ but might be higher. Definitely 60 for some nameds. Lower dogs: 58+ I guess. Really a level 60 place. Broodmother: 58+ or so. Castle: never tried solo. It's an annoying place because of the traps, mobs have absurd HP and there's not much loot to be had. I suppose pretty close to 60.

Howling Stones South - HS south has trash mobs of level up to and including 54. Many of them casters and/or summoners. At 56 it's gonna be really tough solo. The best level 60 encs routinely die (or cap out) there. Just takes a couple bad RNG rolls on resists in a row and voila.

Dragon Necropolis - it has plenty of traps, so I don't know if any encs really crawl this place solo. If it didn't have traps and had at least some decent soloable loot thrown in, I'm sure this place would get a lot more interest.

Chardok - you can do the zone in to zone out run solo at probably 54... the mobs aren't too high and there are usually no more than 2-3 to deal with at any given time. It's gets a lot worse deeper in. I'm sure there are Chardok pro encs who could chime in.

Seb - the zone in to zone out run can probably be farmed for exp at 54 ish. I think the golems at the zone out can go up to 52 (I think sometimes they summon), but still doable at 54. Other places in Seb will require higher level and at 60 there will still be a ton of places you can't really crawl solo without struggling - all / most of the lower areas to start with.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Most have already posted but I’ll chime in on places I spent a lot of time.

HS West - Doable at 57 solo but just take it slow and make sure you keep timers on the roamers when you break in. There are no “safe” spots like the North stairs. Corpse runs are a lot harder too since less people have the key especially if you die past the ledge or near named. Keep food/water/peridots/stalking probes in the bank. If you have the plat I’d suggest Essence Emeralds and Coffins too because I just found it easier to get a summon and Rez and move on. Almost always a necro in basement that can do it for you.

HS South - As others have stated 56 is going to be too rough. I went there at 59 and found it very challenging. Even at 60 it is tough. I’m sure you probably know this but you can cast calm on your pet while it’s charmed. Useful for when you know it’s dotted and you can break stun and blanket. If you get a level 50 pet cubby isn’t too bad to camp once it’s broken if you space them out. Only need to kill 3-4 mobs depending on where you get your pet.

Velks Frenzy - 55+ probably. Lower Frenzy is pretty easy just 3 mobs but if you got to upper you need quite a few calms to land.

Velks BM - I would not go down there prior to lvl 58 and even at 60 death is inevitable at times. Both names are 56 and enrage and it’s not uncommon for them to resist 2-3 slows in a row at 60. If charm breaks before you get them slowed it’s pretty hard to live without capping out. Bedlam helps tremendously to face tank the enrage at the end. Lowest level potential pet is 48 but the broodlings suck as pets and it’s like watching paint dry having them try to kill hunters.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:46 PM
Fire Giant

bedlam is the key, like someone mentioned earlier

it makes a lot of the "more difficult" solo camp much easier to handle. i soloed A LOT in seb and velks, most of the time on namer camps. prior to getting bedlam and after is day and night difference. it's not even about skills anymore because no matter how skillful or experienced you are, you are going to get hit. and hp is the only thing chanters cannot afford to lose when soloing.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Karnor's Castle - 52
Howling Stones West - 56
Velks - ??
Howling Stones South - 58
Dragon Necropolis - ??
Chardok - 58
Seb - 56+/-
Siren's Grotto - 60
Planes of Hate/Fear/Mischief - no/60/55-60
Your signature is giving me deja vu.

I put in the levels I'd guess it'd be generally tolerable to do. Some zones vary... like seb you can do some areas at 50 but some you can't crawl through at 60 really. POM isnt really a crawl ever cause you aren't kos hardly anywhere so moving around is trivial. SG is very touchy even at 60 if you're kos.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-24-2019 at 04:44 PM..
Old 02-24-2019, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Agree with Baylan and Tecmos. The only things I would add before you embark on this journey:

1. These is no shame in asking others for tips/tricks, p99 is eternal. In three years Tecmos' videos on HS will still be 100% relevant. Before you start a new adventure, find out what other solo enchanters tend to live there and ask them for advice. This will often times save you countless hours of frustration. Then, in time, as you learn and master the place, you can adapt it to your playstyle and objectives.

2. Make friends with Clerics. Not only is the ENC/CLE duo completely busted beyond belief, you will die a lot doing many of these places. A couple bad calms in HS:S can lead to hours of recovery and pain. If you truly do attempt to master all of these zones you will die many, many times. You want to make sure you get a res more often than not or 60 will take a long, long time.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Enchanter solo is interesting, but the capabilities of Enc + Clr duo is far more interesting. Duo Ragefire!? Idk... probably not, but the combo is perfect.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:58 AM
Aviak

for velks, get 60
you don't need it for spiders/upper+lower dogs, but you do need it to get into the castle. specifically, you need those 59/60 spells and the high chance of landing your calms. then you can solo the funky named mobs around and in the castle (like the Gargs). that is shit most people on this server have never seen, and pretty cool. plus, you could show the server how to drag those Gargs to the ice wall, kill them there, then other toons can loot the Gargs for the sweet no drops through the wall (use dictate to drag them out of their spawn to the ice wall.)

that's some next level velks enchanter fun times

anyone interested in making a vid of this?
Old 02-25-2019, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same with SG at 59. Siren’s Grotto is the hardest zone in the game IMO. The mobs hit like trucks, are high level, and some of them aoe dispel both you and your pet. I am friends with one of the most prolific SG farmers on the server right now. He’s level 60 and has spent hundreds of hours in the zone and sometimes just gets wrecked.

Good luck.
I farmed parts of SG easily at 59. The neriad camp is one of the easier camps in the game to solo as an enchanter since they wont summon you on charm breaks if you aren't in the water with them. You could probably do it at 57 or 58 even.
Lyrri - 52 Wood Elf Bard <Vanquish>
Dainea - 50 Halfling Cleric <Vanquish>
Old 02-26-2019, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I farmed parts of SG easily at 59. The neriad camp is one of the easier camps in the game to solo as an enchanter since they wont summon you on charm breaks if you aren't in the water with them. You could probably do it at 57 or 58 even.
I bet I got summoned while out of the water at least 5-6 times while trying to get my shawl. They didn't always reset fast enough to avoid a summon depending on when their next melee round was due. Maybe I was just incredibly unlucky.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true of every zone in the game. Of course you can realistically find one camp that works and you can do in a zone. It’s a lot harder than doing a “crawl” as described by the OP. To me, crawling a zone means being able to take down substantive portions of the zone and move from place to place. I’ve killed DS a number of times on this server, like most enchanters have. That doesn’t mean I have crawled East the same number of times - I don’t always want to spend the time crawling to that part of a dungeon.
Closed Thread