Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monsanto is trying to lock down the genetics of Skunk, NL5, and Haze, so that when Cannabis is legal, they will literally own 99% of the strains u see in America and Europe, and all of today's hybrids can be traced to 1 or more of those 3 above listed strains.

as soon as they (monsanto) have it locked down and ready to be patented, so that monsanto owns literally every strain via the Skunk/NL5/Haze connection, the gov will legalize cannabis.
I tend to believe this, and I'm not sure if it makes me happy or not. I fucking hate Monsanto with every fiber of my being. But I love weed just as much as I hate them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

We need to ban tin foil so people stop making hats from it.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

If anyone wants the science perspective/proof this is the best informative video hands down.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vd_X1-moZkc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vd_X1-moZkc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object> (** 2:00-4:37 for an absolute science explanation **)

The whole first 18 minutes of video is incredibly important stuff. Golden information.
Last edited by Clark; 03-29-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
interesting. sad but probably true
100% true bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Xenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry but this sounds like a bunch of stonner babble to me. I did a bit of growing back in the day and I know enough to say that strains are quickly developed when a plant is coming to maturity every 45 days or so it dosent take long to get up there in generations, now these superstrains might be different but eveything in a mix of sativa and indica.
as someone that has been working with genetics for multiple years, you can name any hybrid u want, and ill explain the genetic history of that strain, and be able to trace it to Skunk, NL5, or Haze. expanding generations does not erase the genetic history. the only way to avoid a strain having one of the 3 original building blocks is if u have access to an unworked landrace strain. everything else that wasnt garbage came from Skunk, NL5, or Haze at some point (going back as far as the late 80s or very early 90s). quick example, for a few years now my latest project has been an Apollo11 x Plushberry hybrid.

Quote:
Apollo 11
»»» Genius x Cinderella 99
Genius
Jack Herer (specified below)
Cinderella 99
»»» Princess x Cinderella 88
Princess
Jack Herer
»»» Haze x {Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk}
Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk
Northern Lights #5
USA, Kalifornien »»» Mostly Indica
Shiva Skunk
Northern Lights 5 x Skunk #1 F-1 Hybrid F1
»»» Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1 F1
Northern Lights #5 (specified above)
Skunk #1
Skunk #1
»»» Afghanistan x Mexico x Colombia
Afghanistan »»» Indica
Mexico »»» Sativa
Colombia »»» Sativa
and
Quote:
Plush Berry
»»» Black Cherry Soda x Space Queen
Black Cherry Soda

Unknown Strain

Space Queen
»»» Romulan x C-99
Romulan
Unknown Mostly Indica British Columbia »»» Mostly Indica
C-99
»»» Princess x Cinderella 88
Princess
Jack Herer
»»» Haze x {Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk}
Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk
Northern Lights #5
USA, Kalifornien »»» Mostly Indica
Shiva Skunk
Northern Lights 5 x Skunk #1 F-1 Hybrid F1
»»» Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1 F1
Northern Lights #5 (specified above)
Skunk #1
Skunk #1
»»» Afghanistan x Mexico x Colombia
Afghanistan »»» Indica
Mexico »»» Sativa
Colombia »»» Sativa

so after all my hard work, Monsanto would own my strain because their patented and stolen strains would be used in my own creation. even though they should have 0 rights to own Skunk NL5 or Haze,
/rant off

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
strain info
sources?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Xenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody should be able to patient or trademark ANY seed or plant, the whole idea is just crazy. Fuck Monsanto.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Banned

I know the VP of sales for America's (North/Central/South) seed for one of Monsanto's competitors and they told me that anytime a business files for a patent they have to inform all competition that they are attempting to patent something.

Has not seen or heard about the marijuana patents.

It's still possible that they are, and these letters are just not going to this individual since they deal in ag seed, and the paperwork might just be going through a different channel.
Closed Thread