Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Default 2 handed aggro

Is there a bonus aggro per swing on 2 handers? I sometimes find myself gaining aggro on a miss. Additionally with comparable weapons I seem to have much higher aggro with 2 handers in general. I am a level 23 warrior atm if this is relevant.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Well the actual answer I have to your question regarding bonus aggro for two handers is "I don't know," but at level 23 your chances of a successful dual wield swing are low, so maybe that's why your aggro seems better with the two hander? What weapons are you using?
Old 12-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veleria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a bonus aggro per swing on 2 handers? I sometimes find myself gaining aggro on a miss. Additionally with comparable weapons I seem to have much higher aggro with 2 handers in general. I am a level 23 warrior atm if this is relevant.
as a 23 warrior you have pretty much no aggro. Taunt is very hit and miss. The good thing is it does not really matter at this point because things don't hit that hard. Warriors produce pretty poor aggro until they get uber proccing weapons and even then its not the best.

Most dps classes suck at managing their aggro which will fix itself when stuff hits hard enough to one round them they will learn how to play their classes. Except for rangers who have all the tools to manage their aggro but will still constantly die because they never learn.

Dual wielding in general will be better aggro and dps as you get higher lvl.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the actual answer I have to your question regarding bonus aggro for two handers is "I don't know," but at level 23 your chances of a successful dual wield swing are low, so maybe that's why your aggro seems better with the two hander? What weapons are you using?
Currently I am wielding Fist of Zek primary and Viiks Dark Defender secondary. I am less concerned about speed than maximizing double attack efficacy at my currently level so the slower weapon with high ratio is giving me best results in primary.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veleria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently I am wielding Fist of Zek primary and Viiks Dark Defender secondary. I am less concerned about speed than maximizing double attack efficacy at my currently level so the slower weapon with high ratio is giving me best results in primary.
Yup until you get a bigger damage bonus on your main hand that's a good combo! Fist crunches stuff at that lvl I was doing epic rogue type damage while in frenzy. Jade mace would probably be the best off hand for ya but for 30p its hard to beat the defender.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Jade mace is out of my range, at 24 this is my highest level character I only recently joined the server. My economy is in 10s and 100s, 1k+ is out of reach for a while till I can find a money machine. Warriors are not the best at making money.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Melee aggro isn't achieved through damage done. It is done by how much damage you could have done* on that swing.

Each swing (whether hit or miss) does DMGx2 + damage bonus worth of aggro.

As such, even swinging and missing can mean you take aggro.

Incidentally I've read 2handers had a modifier to this, but I'm sure it was a penalty not a bonus. Not sure though, so hopefully someone else can answer that part of your post.

*potential bonus damage from high strength is not considered.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Melee attacks generate hate whether you hit or miss. As you level you'll eventually notice 1H weapons give you more consistent threat generation, but low level Warriors sometimes favor using 2H for the reason you observe.

Danth
Old 12-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Jade mace is out of my range, at 24 this is my highest level character I only recently joined the server. My economy is in 10s and 100s, 1k+ is out of reach for a while till I can find a money machine. Warriors are not the best at making money.
True story, that combo will get you to late 30s easy then you can pick up some aggro proccers like acid etched warsword which is a cheep short sword of yekesha. main hand that for aggro and you can offhand the fist for dps. As long as you keep your agi up above 75. http://wiki.project1999.com/Cat_o%27_Nine_Tails is something you may want to try to pick up for the agi buff 30min buff and you can proc it off greens. Im gonna go farm one when I have some time. Not sure what lvl you can solo it as a warrior but you could maybe find one in ec for cheap.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Agi is not an issue I am a Wood elf so 85 agi with the fist of zek equipped.
Closed Thread