Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Aviak

Default 28 DEF SHD casual solo advice

Hi all;

L28 Dark Elf SK (UNtwinked) is looking for advice on casual/afk solo spots.

Goals:
1. Casual/AFK camp, not highly active (I have a family at home, AFKs happen often and unexpectedly).
2. Needs to have a zoneline within realistic running distance when things go wrong.
3. Blue cons to a L28 (L21-27 mobs).
4. Single-pulls (or maybe 2 max, if I can kill one quick and zone the other to split camp - NO FD yet).
5. Bind Affinity location for a DEF SHD ideally 3 zones away or less.

So far, I have done the following spots:
L01-L13: Nektulos, EC, WC
L13-L19: Lavastorm rock dervishes (awesome camp!)
L19-L25: OT eastern zone wall, LoIO windmill/shoreline
L25-L28: SK hermit (awesome camp!)

Places I've already tried:
I was thinking about doing the bards near Grobb and Nektulos, but they're on 12+ minute timers which is terrible.
Shadowed men come 3-4 at a time, and run like SoW. Nope.
KFC has yellow/red avocets, and mostly green darters - very very few rooks/harriers.
SK Treants/Gnolls are perma-camped.
LoIO roaming shaman gobbies have almost killed me too many times - I won't go back there.
With no invis yet, dungeons like guktop and najena are long fight-ins through greens to find a camp, camps are 3-4 pull mobs, and zoneline is a looooong way back. Not good.

Any suggestions are VERY much appreciated! Thank you!
Old 02-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

IIRC the ledge in FV is nice.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 02-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

There's a Warrior solo thread here somewhere, and I'd probably stick somewhat to that. Granted the Warrior was twinked pretty heavily, but that just means maybe holding off a level or 2 on the guide (i.e. if it says a camp is 25+, it's probably 26 or 27+ untwinked).

In that level range, the WW brute caves (i.e. Dalnir entrance) is very doable until 31ish.
At 30+ you should have FD now, so your options open up a *lot*.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Go to the Rathe Mountains and hunt Giant Skeletons by the Lake Rathetear zoneline. Fear kite them with Fear Undead and your best Darkness Spell and your pet for added DPS. This is a great time to work your weapon skills. Watch out for the random cyclops, especially the named one. Coin and loot is good here. Make the run to Ogguk to bank/sell.

You should be able to fear kite Giant Skellies until lv30-31.

LV30: Since LV30 is a hell level and gets boring, you can work your Pickclaw Goblin faction in the Gorge of King Xorbb killing muddites and minotaurs. Get your faction high enough and you can use Runnyeye as a bank/town to support your next hunting spot: The halfling guards of the Misty Thicket! Traveling will be cake now that you have Gather Shadows and Feign Death.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to the Rathe Mountains and hunt Giant Skeletons by the Lake Rathetear zoneline. Fear kite them with Fear Undead and your best Darkness Spell and your pet for added DPS. This is a great time to work your weapon skills. Watch out for the random cyclops, especially the named one. Coin and loot is good here. Make the run to Ogguk to bank/sell.

You should be able to fear kite Giant Skellies until lv30-31.

LV30: Since LV30 is a hell level and gets boring, you can work your Pickclaw Goblin faction in the Gorge of King Xorbb killing muddites and minotaurs. Get your faction high enough and you can use Runnyeye as a bank/town to support your next hunting spot: The halfling guards of the Misty Thicket! Traveling will be cake now that you have Gather Shadows and Feign Death.
Fantastic advice - thank you! Will definitely give this a try.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

I know you said you already tried LOIO and didn't like it due to the goblin casters (they are a PITA for sure) but it sounds like you just need a decent place to pull to. Consider the tower by the back door of the sarnak fort (not the one right by the back door, but the one that has a rope bridge leading to it by the FM zoneline).

If you pull to the base of the tower and then fear kite from there, it's really a pretty safe spot without pretty much anything pathing through. Pretty easy to single pull wanderers between the tower and the lake and avoid the casters.

I usually would just pull with an arrow and run back to the tower base, darkness on incoming, then fear once they get to me. If something goes bad and you get in trouble the FM zoneline is right there. Only real danger is if some sociopath bard zones a swarm.

I usually just got a bind at OT and if I died just run to SF ramp and beg a sow/camo from the porters hanging around there. Can go to probably 32-33 there if you want to, though I got bored after I dinged 31 and moved on.
Closed Thread