Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Default 36 SK fear kite spots?

Hey y'all, pulled my SK off the back burner and was wondering if anyone had ideas for a relatively safe outdoor solo area. Maybe a spot where I don't have to keep checking over my shoulder to make sure I don't get smoked. Maybe where the majority of the mobs are around the mid 30s, and are low resist mobs too much to ask?

I figure there are some experienced folk out there so I thought I'd ask, don't mind grouping but limited play time kinda forces me to find a good solo spot.

Thanks in advance, oh and die Elves! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2018, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

BW giants
Old 01-17-2018, 09:48 AM
Kobold

I feel you on the MM suggestion, it's probably my favorite spot because you can't really get trained that far in and the xp is constant. When I had more playtime I just parked in LFay and tanked CE/CY when I could get a spot, but I just can't commit to a group during the week and I'd feel bad joining for a bit then dipping.

I went to a wedding in GFay last night and got a port over to DL afterwards and camped there, I'm an Iksar and haven't been home in a while so figured why not.

I'll check out your guys suggestions while I'm there and see what I can handle, but fear kiting is really my only way to solo effectively.

I've heard of people soloing or duoing in DL by Karnors, am I too low for those mobs? That wouldn't be bad if I could join a necro or someone soloing for an hour or two, wouldn't feel so bad joining and leaving because there isn't a commitment

Either way thanks for the suggestions, I'll wander around and check things out.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:07 AM
Banned

Riverale guards. Pull to the lake, snare and fear. If you pull right by the hut door with the halfling that paths to the docks, the guard will make a couple turns. There's 10+ guards. This spot is good until 39 and then move to butcherblock docks until lvl 48.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riverale guards. Pull to the lake, snare and fear. If you pull right by the hut door with the halfling that paths to the docks, the guard will make a couple turns. There's 10+ guards. This spot is good until 39 and then move to butcherblock docks until lvl 48.
I'm all for guard killing, but unfortunately I chose Rivervale as my safe hub for banking etc on Antonica and did a few different quests to get good faction with them.

I'll stay away from DL for now then I guess, I'll check out OT first and maybe EJ or BW otherwise.

Thanks again for the suggestions peeps!
Old 01-17-2018, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BW giants
lul what. BW giants give xp up to 60. Hes not gonna solo BW at 36.

Maybe FM giants as thats a pretty good spot at 36, just lots of mobs wandering around giant fort to watch out for.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm all for guard killing, but unfortunately I chose Rivervale as my safe hub for banking etc on Antonica and did a few different quests to get good faction with them.

I'll stay away from DL for now then I guess, I'll check out OT first and maybe EJ or BW otherwise.

Thanks again for the suggestions peeps!
Riverale is a horrible hub. Start the slaughter now and at 45ish jump to freeport guards. East and West freeport gives give good faction with the North freeport guards, which allows you to use the bank.

Freeport has Ec next store, a wizard and druid ring 1-3 zones away.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Overthere Sarnak Knights.

Trakanon's Teeth Spectral Keepers, maybe even champions.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Look up the level of mobs before you go, but velious is great too at lower levels. It's a myth that all mobs are high HP for their level. Some are yes, but quadding on my druid I knew exactly mobs HPs, and most lower level mobs are inline with kunark mobs. Some giants even have slightly lower HP than their Kunark equal level counterparts (not the GD ones).

So, at your level, I you can mess around in Iceclad, wolves or mobs by the port in. Just find the shoreline with no mobs. Giants here are not high HP. In east wastes, there is a giant fort with normal HP mobs (except 1 you need to avoid, or guard train..there is a way to get the kill yourself, but not really worth it). That will be later I think, like 40 or 45. Great divide has some options, but some giants here are tough. I only charmed in GD, so not sure.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

The tollbooth Guards in West Commons is a great spot to fear kite and is relatively safe if you need to afk. Their hp is pretty low, quick spawn timers, and will take you to at least 45. They also drop FS for some decent plat. You can incorporate the 2 dwarves also by the inn if you find you have a lot of downtime.

Druid ring is close so you can hit them up for potg and other buffs if you need.

Ps - there are 2 Druid/ranger npcs that you can kill by the rings also, low hp and shouldn’t give you many problems as long as you keep them feared. Merchant at the ring to sell too also

Pps - there’s also a mage npc that spawns near kith ZL that does not summon pets. Low hp and on a 6 minute timer. Super easy to kill and afk in between spawns. No faction hits either, if you’re worried about that kind of thing
Last edited by Itap; 01-18-2018 at 01:48 PM..
Closed Thread