Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Kobold

Default Glamour of Kintaz

Has anyone ever used this spell to mez a mob they are certain was level 56 or 57? Mobs like Undertaker Lord, Juggs, higher level Myconids?

I've always thought this spell was intentionally broken on P99 to mimic what it did in 2001 based on Lucy spell data, but over the last few days I stumbled across comments indicating that it was able to mez level 56/57 mobs in 2001 and that the Lucy data is wrong.

Before I go out of my way to test it for a bug report I wanted input from other Enchanters confirming it is broken, or works correctly if you've used it on a level 56/57 mob. I can take the time to spawn Undertaker Lord and try a few casts during the fight myself, but it's not like I will be able to spam cast a 275 mana spell 10 times to make sure he's immune to it and not just resisting because of his regular MR/level.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Nope in my experience , just has a lower resist check
Gotta raputre

I've had lots of shrooms I just straight couldn't mez even with glamour
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-06-2018, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope in my experience , just has a lower resist check
Gotta raputre

I've had lots of shrooms I just straight couldn't mez even with glamour
does rapture work on shrooms that glamour couldn't?
Old 06-06-2018, 01:16 AM
Banned

Glamour i think is a complete waste of mana. Ive only had it mez a few illis frogs that the rare occurance dazzle wouldnt which very rarely happens. When in doubt just rapture.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does rapture work on shrooms that glamour couldn't?
Tmk yes
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-06-2018, 06:06 AM
Sarnak

Glamour is a decent spell if you're doing older raid zones/Seb solo/duo/trio or you're the only enchanter. But these days everyone is running around in SS gear or better, so the mana efficiency isnt as relevant. It requires quite a bit of research and paying attention to mob damages to determine level. With the larger mana pools available from velious raid gear, it's not really necessary to be that efficient.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glamour is a decent spell if you're doing older raid zones/Seb solo/duo/trio or you're the only enchanter. But these days everyone is running around in SS gear or better, so the mana efficiency isnt as relevant. It requires quite a bit of research and paying attention to mob damages to determine level. With the larger mana pools available from velious raid gear, it's not really necessary to be that efficient.
Are you saying you've used it on 56+ mobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glamour i think is a complete waste of mana. Ive only had it mez a few illis frogs that the rare occurance dazzle wouldnt which very rarely happens. When in doubt just rapture.
That's pretty much true on P99, but it shouldn't be that way. It should be one of only two mezzes that works on 56+ mobs, instead of a really expensive way to mez 1 - 55 mobs with a -10 MR check. If it worked correctly, it's 150 mana less than Rapture with a 2.25 second recast time instead of 24 second, though without the same reliability of Rapture.

At this point on Live they already had the "Your target is immune to the mesmerize portion of this spell." message so they knew for sure which mobs were 56+ and which mobs weren't without calculating max hits. Too bad we don't have that message, it would only require one cast to know for sure it's broken and not just resisted.

A couple of the comments I've found so far.

Quote:
JoeyCh
posted June 07, 2001
I've start doing king at level 55 too, it's tough to mez those myconids, but sitll do-able. level 57+ there starts to be quite a safe camp as long as your group is balanced.
This group is prefered :
Enchanter + Cleric + Warrior + Rogue + Shaman + Druid/Wiz
and rapture is not too useful there, it tooks too much mana and refresh too slow, just cant spare one of the 8 spell slot to load Rapture. GoK is enough for those 56 mobs, and ROOT is good there too, esp. if there's no shaman and u have to do the SLOW job too.
Quote:
EFFECTIVE?, By Dowd "the dood" muk (1/28/2001)

Correct, this spell will work on Mobs lvl 56 or greater, while lesser spells in the series fail. The duration is short and the mana cost extreme. This was done to lessen the impact of the enchanter against extreme level mobs. I did some work in Sebilis against Juggernauts and it becomes quite difficult to handle 2-3 mobs of this caliber. Still, a useful spell against very high lvl mobs and a great addition to the series.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:09 AM
Kobold

Oh.. rapture works on mobs up to lvl 61 i thought?
Old 06-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh.. rapture works on mobs up to lvl 61 i thought?
It does, GoK was intended as the middle ground between Dazzle and Rapture or for mezzing multiple targets up to level 57 which can't be done with Rapture.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Banned

I toyed w/ GoK when I was more heavily camping King....never had much luck using it efficiently.

I am, however, a mediocre enchanter (at best?).
Closed Thread