Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 12:23 PM
Aviak

Default When could I solo crawl these dungeons?

Hey there, I've been making some solo dungeon crawl videos as I level my enchanter up and I have a list of lvl 50+ dungeons that I would like to tackle in the near future.

I'm not sure about the best level to begin attempting the crawl on some of them though. I know many of these higher dungeons won't be able to be taken down completely solo, but the goal really is to be able to solo crawl as deep as possible, earn experience, plus take out at least a couple named mobs.

I would love to hear your opinion on what lvl is an appropriate start to try and do my solo crawl for the following dungeons. It's been about 20 years since i"ve made it to this point in the game so I forget most of these dungeons plus some I've never even been to when I played in live.

Here is my list of zones I'd like to solo crawl and the level I plan on attempting them (mostly just guesses by studying the wikis)...

Karnor's Castle - 53
Howling Stones West - 54
Velks - ?55?
Howling Stones South - 56
Dragon Necropolis - 57
Chardok - 58
Seb - 59
Siren's Grotto - 59
Planes of Hate/Fear/Mischief - 59/60

I would love to hear your opinion on appropriate level ranges to attempt the solo crawl or even if some would be impossible to crawl. Like the planes... I don't know if soloing is even possible in those.

Any thoughts or info about the zones (or if I'm leaving some out that I could attempt) would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

lol at solo crawling KC, i seen level 5's walk through untouched to loot Jarsath rots. No challenge there, not like a ton of mobs will be up for you to play around with.

EDIT: While I don't have a chanter above 51, I do think DN would be really hard to do without Bedlam / Dictate. If you are talking phase spiders whatever, but some of those rats can drop a monk fast, not to mention gate and land some nasty DoTs.
Last edited by Rygar; 02-22-2019 at 01:45 PM..
Old 02-22-2019, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Nice post. When I get home I'll give you my opinion. Off the bat hs south at 56, u r gonna have a bad time. Lol. Imo
Old 02-22-2019, 01:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol at solo crawling KC, i seen level 5's walk through untouched to look Jarsath rots. No challenge there, not like a ton of mobs will be up for you to play around with.
I agree with that. KC isn't really one I care about. I already soloed opening castle there and took out the captain at lvl 50 solo. I have to go to KC around 4am in the morning to actually be able to solo anything lol. I do want to do the whole place eventually for a vid though
Last edited by kingpinner; 02-22-2019 at 01:33 PM..
Old 02-22-2019, 01:31 PM
Banned

Just wait until 58 when you get bedlam.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EDIT: While I don't have a chanter above 51, I do think DN would be really hard to do without Bedlam / Dictate. If you are talking phase spiders whatever, but some of those rats can drop a monk fast, not to mention gate and land some nasty DoTs.
dealing with summoning, gates and all those nasty high level mob tactics are somethign I'm gonna have to figure out. I usually spend half a level of dying figuring out those type of things in each zone lol. I have never been to DN ever so wasnt sure if it was a potential solo or not
Old 02-22-2019, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey there, I've been making some solo dungeon crawl videos as I level my enchanter up and I have a list of lvl 50+ dungeons that I would like to tackle in the near future.

I'm not sure about the best level to begin attempting the crawl on some of them though. I know many of these higher dungeons won't be able to be taken down completely solo, but the goal really is to be able to solo crawl as deep as possible, earn experience, plus take out at least a couple named mobs.

I would love to hear your opinion on what lvl is an appropriate start to try and do my solo crawl for the following dungeons. It's been about 20 years since i"ve made it to this point in the game so I forget most of these dungeons plus some I've never even been to when I played in live.

Here is my list of zones I'd like to solo crawl and the level I plan on attempting them (mostly just guesses by studying the wikis)...

Karnor's Castle - 53
Howling Stones West - 54
Velks - ?55?
Howling Stones South - 56
Dragon Necropolis - 57
Chardok - 58
Seb - 59
Siren's Grotto - 59
Planes of Hate/Fear/Mischief - 59/60

I would love to hear your opinion on appropriate level ranges to attempt the solo crawl or even if some would be impossible to crawl. Like the planes... I don't know if soloing is even possible in those.

Any thoughts or info about the zones (or if I'm leaving some out that I could attempt) would be greatly appreciated.
HS West and South at those levels will be quite challenging. The boss mob in West summons and is level 52 and summons. The other nameds are in the level 50 range.

HS South is filled with level 50+ mobs that summon. They regularly wreck level 60 enchanters with Bedlam and good gear. I can’t imagine being very successful there at level 56.

Same with SG at 59. Siren’s Grotto is the hardest zone in the game IMO. The mobs hit like trucks, are high level, and some of them aoe dispel both you and your pet. I am friends with one of the most prolific SG farmers on the server right now. He’s level 60 and has spent hundreds of hours in the zone and sometimes just gets wrecked.

Are these things possible? Sure. But they are incredibly challenging. A lot will depend on your goals - if your goal is to “crawl” to the end of these zones and do the hardest contest, it will take a tremendous amount of time and effort and you still may not reach the goal.

Good luck.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Those new elemental graphics in your vids making me cringe bro, fix that asap
Old 02-22-2019, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

enchanters....
Old 02-22-2019, 04:01 PM
Orc

Aside from KC, I would say 55+ for any of those other zones. Depending on your class. Also, probably unlikely to solo effectively without having to go through a painstaking cr or tipping handsomely for a CR/rez at some point.

Also, ench with no cleric is pretty hard in general.
Closed Thread