Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivthis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tethering would of been way better solution, but i guess something HAD to be done this weekend.
Yes, shortening the leash range would of been way better for sure. Rooting the dragons was never an issue as to why I was always opposed to it in the past. The side effects on the encounters themselves caused by rooting the dragons is massive tho and you can't really call it "classic everquest raiding" at all anymore.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

This wasn’t thought out at all. I guess if enough people like myself quit then maybe the population of the server will decline enough to reduce the number of people in ToV. It’s really sad, there is no server like P99 where you can do the live pulls which is the most fun thing. It’s pushing the game to the limit. Clearing trash is tedious and not fun and having multiple guilds in an even smaller area isn’t going to reduce disputes. Really disappointing change.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Thank you, Rogean.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

Lots of "sky is falling" crying in here. Maybe try out before complaining? Or go outside? It is a game after all.
Kobold

What about the Knight 2h DPS? Was looking forward to that
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Haynar: Fixed a bug in adding hate from spells, that was introduced with the out of class spell hate cap. Spells with a specific hate adder, were losing their hate from the spell effects.
Which spells were these? And is there a planned fix for the current issue where classes casting spells from within their spell book are now staring down the problem of the spells not generating enough threat? The most obvious one I've been frustrated by is casting blind on my paladin for a whole lot less hate than it used to generate.

PS: I love the spirit of the NToV changes. I would have thought a lair leash to be better than straight up rooting but having them rooted is a whole lot better than the current ass-hattery of letting them be pulled to zone in.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 04-07-2019 at 10:57 AM..
Old 04-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Kobold

I noticed that SV was losing hate after initially working.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjlent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could see this tov solution being the killing blow to red. The numbers just aren't there to crawl through without giving up your entire life to play this game. That's what made red so great, could still have a great RL and see all of norrath.
Please consider changing it back before the low population suffers
QQ

Stop being lazy and clear the zone. The Apex warmbodies will actually have to work for pixels and you guys show up in force to complain. Too funny.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Added a Blam Stick as a rare drop in Plane of Mischief

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 04-07-2019, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Lol, I'm definitely not a warmbody and I didn't really think I was qq complaining but to each their own. Was simply asking them to reevaluate it being on both servers when the problem only exists on 1
Closed Thread