Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Default Dunedigger!?

I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT anyone had any luck spawning this elusive creature? Ive read everything on the forums and everything on the internet.

Also found this amazing rare spawn thread for a while back: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=169365

Sadly it is closed.

Why do threads get closed? What value does that provide anyway? I am not an IT professional so idk.

Anyway, if anyone could help me find this stupid bastard vampire rabbit that would be very nice. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2019, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

Never heard of him.. really cool though. Any idea of his supposed ph?
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 05-31-2019, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

Had it on live, never seen it here
Old 05-31-2019, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Tried for a very long time in classic to get this shield and never did,have seen it though so it does exist on the server
Old 05-31-2019, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried for a very long time in classic to get this shield and never did,have seen it though so it does exist on the server
I want a pair of bent practicals too oh god I need to quit my job just to obtain +15hp items but its worth it. How do I find him pint!
Old 05-31-2019, 11:51 AM
Banned

threads get locked after being inactive for x time

also dunedigger is just another rare spawn with a long respawn timer. keep checking the pather that runs through derv2
Old 05-31-2019, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Dinedigger was overly common when P99 first opened and regularly spawned from an easily-camped placeholder. I had his shield on my Paladin thanks to that. Rahotep in the same zone had similar problems. Both were changed with an early patch to spawn from difference placeholders much less frequently. The non-dervish portions of the desert section of north Ro aren't all that popular as hunting areas, hence the rarity of these NPCs.

Dunedigger was absurdly rare in the original game, too, but seemed a little more common because people fought in north ro more than they do here.

Danth
Old 05-31-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

I love seeing you in that old thread danth, and this one. Grats on playing classic EQ with a scute shield dude! How lucky! I want this feel so bad.

RE rahotep, I have gotten him to spawn, but the PH I think he was, I have killed since like 150 times and not seen him, so either I got it wrong, or hes rare, or I'm totally off the mark with my start for that one lol He and dune would be very feely to kill and loot on green.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-31-2019 at 12:52 PM..
Old 06-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

I was able to find and killed Dunedigger once about two years ago but he only dropped his skin and not the shield. He looks just like a normal over-sized Armadillo...
Old 06-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was able to find and killed Dunedigger once about two years ago but he only dropped his skin and not the shield. He looks just like a normal over-sized Armadillo...
was he just pathing around in the middle of the zone? Do you recall?
Closed Thread