Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

Bump from the bowels of the forum. Anyone interested in getting more involved in this?

I revamped the Zones section to get ready for Kunark, added the planes, and have started to add mob pages for Raid Encounters. People are revamping the class pages (i.e. bard, druid, necro) which are all very nice now.

Could use help to flesh out the rest of the zones, update the gear reference from the big forum thread, add QUESTS. People seem to have fleshed out the spell research page I started, some other TRADESKILLS could use some love.

This could easily be the end all p99 resource to replace internet archive searches of alla, castersrealm, etc.

I think the only line that needs to be drawn is the utility between a wiki and a dynamically driven database. I.e. I'm not quite sure yet if we should have individual pages for items or common NPCs. Leaning towards no.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Aviak

Check out the Shards of Dalaya wiki. The way they did items and NPCs is pretty nice.

Also if anyone gets some sweet templates set up (again, check SoD wiki for inspiration) I will fill in all kinds of info. For some reason I love wikis.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Indeed, the SoD wiki is awesome. I'm just not sure we need to include an Item DB scrape into the wiki, i.e. do we need pages like this?

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index...e_Arrow_Shafts

or this?

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/A_bat

Just makes it seem a bit... dilute.

But we could certainly make nice item templates for armor, weapons, clickies, etc. And NPC templates for raid targets and named mobs.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Banned

I enjoy the completeness of having all items (big or small) listed in such a manor. Especially if a source is supposed to be the end all be all of information databases for a game.
Closed Thread