Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

Logged on this morning and managed to get rolling in a Mistmoore Graveyard group at 830am CST. No issues with the merger other than when I get 35 and need to camp my damn mask.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem is the people, everybody is entitled and wants maximum XP right this moment, wants their camp right this moment. Grouping with 6 people is inefficient and not what FAST XP comes with. If you want fast XP you duo and trio or solo. Back in the day these were rarities. People would sit at Frenzied Ghoul in a 6 man group killing 15-20 mobs for an afternoon getting 2 blue bubbles and that was just a normal day of XP in the old Everquest. It's less about the journey now and more about efficiency and instant gratification. This is why 1500-2000 people seems bad, its the same pop classic had, but the playerbase is completely different now a days.
This sums it up perfectly.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem is the people, everybody is entitled and wants maximum XP right this moment, wants their camp right this moment. Grouping with 6 people is inefficient and not what FAST XP comes with. If you want fast XP you duo and trio or solo. Back in the day these were rarities. People would sit at Frenzied Ghoul in a 6 man group killing 15-20 mobs for an afternoon getting 2 blue bubbles and that was just a normal day of XP in the old Everquest. It's less about the journey now and more about efficiency and instant gratification. This is why 1500-2000 people seems bad, its the same pop classic had, but the playerbase is completely different now a days.
Back in the day I had group camps making 1 blue bub a kill. Sounds like lots people werent to sucessful back then. I always found the highest exp the game had to offer. Problem with merge, people wont spread to the empty zones, they are just over crowding the already overcrowded. An to say 30 people in najena isnt overcrowded beyond classic 'feelin', that was BEFORE the merge, is BS. People crying empty server cause they all powerleveled their mains, got all their gear, go play alts an cry, so they decide to screw everyone else still leveling their mains. So its the empty server criers thats the prob.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:09 AM
Fire Giant

How did they handle duplicate names with the merge?
Old 01-21-2020, 08:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragged [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did they handle duplicate names with the merge?
Greens got to keep their name. The teals were all rolled to gnome warriors named Mikey1 (2,3 etc). Fair if you ask me.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was in Upper Guk, which had more people than a few days ago. Started a group with a Shadow Knight. We crawled around for a bit until we found a spot with mobs. Added a necro and a shaman. Had a good time. Felt like classic to me.
Hey Naxy, I was the necro in that group. Good times. I also think I was in Rathe Mnts earlier with OP, though I was camping drakes and it is a good quiet spot.

I did see a lot of OOC coordination to kill named HGs.

Only real difference I've seen was there are a lot more folks in the EC tunnel selling stuff.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:34 AM
Large Rat

I've been able to find groups with no issue in my 20s. I'm very much enjoying the game so far. My only problem is always a problem since the beginning of the game and that's over pulling. There always seems to be a couple groups in the dungeons that just try to pull absolutely everything which throws the whole zone off balance. It happens in every dungeon. Then there's the soloers who randomly pick off mobs in camps. Basically it causes an endless cycle of hostility in the zones. Can't say I'm annoyed by it but don't fight violence with violence is what I'm getting at I suppose.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got to Perma, there was one guild group there in their 40s - not sure what they were doing....
That was my guild. We were searching for exp in places because everywhere was over camped. Lguk had 49 people, mistmoore had 44, solb had 47, paw had 19 lvl 35+. And those numbers weren't even the anon/roleplay. We were desperate for a place to get exp. Might have to start enforcing dungeon camps per p99 rules and not letting groups take 2-3 nearby camps. Don't really want to do that but 3-4 mobs exp is better than none 40+.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormsinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been able to find groups with no issue in my 20s. I'm very much enjoying the game so far. My only problem is always a problem since the beginning of the game and that's over pulling. There always seems to be a couple groups in the dungeons that just try to pull absolutely everything which throws the whole zone off balance. It happens in every dungeon. Then there's the soloers who randomly pick off mobs in camps. Basically it causes an endless cycle of hostility in the zones. Can't say I'm annoyed by it but don't fight violence with violence is what I'm getting at I suppose.
It's because you get better exp mass pulling blues/light blues vs moving to next dungeon/area that is just as crowded and the mobs are harder. IMO should be a exp bonus for encouraging harder content. IE pulling 1 red = 2 yellow = 6 evens = exp of 12 blues = 50 light blues. But that just isn't the case.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because you get better exp mass pulling blues/light blues vs moving to next dungeon/area that is just as crowded and the mobs are harder. IMO should be a exp bonus for encouraging harder content. IE pulling 1 red = 2 yellow = 6 evens = exp of 12 blues = 50 light blues. But that just isn't the case.
I'd agree with that change if they implemented it. Although I'd tone down some of the bonus a bit, since with a full group even untwinked it's pretty easy to take down reds and yellows.
Closed Thread