Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10% riposte boost. No, 20%. Hell, 50%. why not
My barbarian has a racial bonus of +85% parry/riposte, but only from the rear when using the barbarian only extra weapon slot "butt-sword".
Old 02-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpazuzu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My barbarian has a racial bonus of +85% parry/riposte, but only from the rear when using the barbarian only extra weapon slot "butt-sword".
I didn’t think that ability came out till Kunark???
Old 02-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Banned

rogean and other staff confirmed 5% Dodge bonus on wood elfs several times. Ask them.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rogean and other staff confirmed 5% Dodge bonus on wood elfs several times. Ask them.

No, no they didn’t.

Taken from a post by Loramin on the P99 reddit from a few years ago:

“ The wiki explains it pretty well (I marked the relevant part in bold):

Affects: Dodge, Defense, Avoidance Armor Class*, Parry?, Run speed (below 75).
Agility determines how much melee damage enemies inflict. Above 75, the AC provided for each Agility is slight. Below 75 agility causes a large AC hit. For example, on a level 60 ogre SK, going from 76 to 85 AGI provides 3 AC. But going from 66 to 75 AGI provides 45 AC.
Max (cap): 255 ?
Brad McQuaid: "AGI: affects how quickly you can learn some defensive skills, how difficult it is to hit you as well as how much damage you take when you are hit "[3]
It's generally agreed on that AGI has very minimal effects on gameplay as long as it is at least 75, and that it is one of the least important stats to increase for any character.

So to answer your question, yes definitely go for AC over Agility EXCEPT don't let your Agility drop below 75.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

I disagree with ^... Warrior with full wisdom is OP af.. max resists!
Old 02-03-2020, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That does nothing for you at max level
No, but the ability to sneak-tag mobs off a Monk puller is quite handy!
Old 02-04-2020, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol what’re you talking about
Old 02-04-2020, 01:58 AM
Kobold

Playing a halfling is statement race that says "I value a marginal stat/xp boost over being even remotely aesthetically interesting".
Old 02-04-2020, 04:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing a halfling is statement race that says "I value a marginal stat/xp boost over being even remotely aesthetically interesting".
I love the Halfling warrior look, esp. with a 2h. What is cool to you... elves? Nerd.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I play a halfling, it's for the hide and sneak on a class that doesn't normally have either of those.

Halfling velious armors are pretty cool too, imo.
Closed Thread