Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Before vs. after the merge, which was more fun you for you?
Pre-merge I had more fun 180 60.81%
Post-merge I'm having more fun 29 9.80%
I had roughly the same amount of fun before/after 54 18.24%
Bush merged the towers into the ground 33 11.15%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No what i am saying is I did not have near the issue prior to the merge that I now have because of the merge. Which is what this particular thread is about.
Bye
Old 02-07-2020, 04:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Folks around here have found in-era sources saying that population numbers on the smallest live servers were still higher than green99 is since the merge with teal.

There are only two possible population-related differences I can think of between live and green. 1) Green players tend to congregate in certain zones while shunning other zones, where on live they MAY have been more evenly distributed across all of Norrath. 2) Green players MAY have leveled faster, overall, than live players did, so that the mid- and higher-level content feels more crowded than it did on live.

But no one has actually given even a tiny little piece of evidence that supports either of those things.

So no. Try again. The only evidence relating to populations that has been on these forums, to my knowledge, is evidence that green has is EASIER in terms of overcrowding than live did.
People were also much younger 20 years ago than they are now. They had a lot more free time 20 years ago than they do now. Again the whole point of this thread was what was more "Fun" pre or post merge. Going by the number of votes I'd say the people overwhelming say that pre-merge was much funner.
Last edited by Silverfalcon; 02-07-2020 at 04:43 PM..
Old 02-07-2020, 04:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bye
Reading comprehension is strong in this one...

:: points to the name of the thread ::
Old 02-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

I had a lot more fun pre-merge.

My fun is measured on the ability to group with guildies and friends without spending the majority of time running place to place trying to find a camp that can support a group. The majority of us have 3-4 hours playtime per day.

First week we spent 4 days trying to get exp in lguk, solb, perm, mm, and even paw, to no avail. Then we spent a few days in kedge and that was fine unless a guild was there raiding.. which happened every night so it boiled down to 1 hour or so of fun then 2-3 hours of being trained or having zero mobs due to raid shenanigans. 1 night we setup in Kaladim killing guards. Was fairly fun. Little to No exp (4 hours and gained 1/3rd orange in 44 killing 10-11 dwarf spawns), but decent money. Next night I guess someone seen us there cause there was another few people killing them... hadn't seen that before.

So basically we went from having 1 or 2 spots to group up and have fun (Friday nights was drunk eq where we would have 1.5-3 groups in a zone trying to survive) to none.

I log in for a bit to say hi and run to a few zones and do CC to see if we can get a group together and end up just logging out. We are trying to stay together until closer to kunark or kunark release when people can spread out.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No what i am saying is I did not have near the issue prior to the merge that I now have because of the merge. Which is what this particular thread is about.
Actually, as the person who started the thread, I have to disagree with you.

When I made this poll, I in all honesty did not know which option would get more votes, whether it would be a close race or a landslide, etc.

The entire point was that I wanted to know. I wanted to test the temperature of the server, to try not listening to whoever could post the most angrily in a thread ... and instead try as hard as possible to objectively see how everyone felt.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

But the staff doesn't care about the "fun" of the players.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Also 20 years ago I had a lot more free time than I do currently. So I could play in off peak times as well. Can't exactly do that these days....Quit acting like time froze in 1999. The people who played in 1999 aren't kids or young adults anymore. They have a lot less free time than they did then. Really are you some sort of troll not to understand that people have a lot less free time to utilize than they did 20 years ago. Quit trying to compare something that is not comparable today. That's like saying people where fine using the library and using microfiche to find information for reports that now use google to find that same information. Or better yet dial up was fine 20 years ago. I don't even think you can buy a 14.4k modem today from any store. So please please quit referencing something that is no longer applicable.
Lol so basically what you are demanding is that the game change to accommodate the fact the you personally have less play time. I barely have any playtime and I still enjoy the game...I don't need to get BIS everything and camp the most valuable things in order to have fun. You're complaining about the merge because now you expect that you should be able to get whatever you want whenever you want it without having to wait or share (which actually makes it pretty ironic that you said no one are kids or young adults anymore, since your thinking/expectation is quite childish).

That's not what classic EQ is about, sorry. Like I said, if your goal is to play an MMO where you can do every single thing you want right when you want to do it and be able to get all the best gear by waltzing into a camp whenever you want to, classic EverQuest is not for you. Games like WoW or the EQ TLPs that allow players to have their own instances would be more enjoyable for you I think.
Last edited by cd288; 02-07-2020 at 05:19 PM..
Old 02-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, as the person who started the thread, I have to disagree with you.

When I made this poll, I in all honesty did not know which option would get more votes, whether it would be a close race or a landslide, etc.

The entire point was that I wanted to know. I wanted to test the temperature of the server, to try not listening to whoever could post the most angrily in a thread ... and instead try as hard as possible to objectively see how everyone felt.
Ok, so your objective was to see how people felt. Judging by the voting so far I'd say it's about 5 to 1 had more fun pre-merge than post-merge. Sorry if I paraphrasing what you were asking.

I was not trying to be angry. I just get tired of people saying...1999 populations were higher than what green is currently. Ignoring the fact that it's 2020 not 1999.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol so basically what you are demanding is that the game change to accommodate the fact the you personally have less play time. I barely have any playtime and I still enjoy the game...I don't need to get BIS everything and camp the most valuable things in order to have fun. You're complaining about the merge because now you expect that you should be able to get whatever you want whenever you want it without having to wait or share (which actually makes it pretty ironic that you said no one are kids or young adults anymore, since your thinking/expectation is quite childish).

That's not what classic EQ is about, sorry. Like I said, if your goal is to play an MMO where you can do every single thing you want right when you want to do it and be able to get all the best gear by waltzing into a camp whenever you want to, classic EverQuest is not for you. Games like WoW or the EQ TLPs that allow players to have their own instances would be more enjoyable for you I think.
I am not demanding anything. I am just not understanding why the two servers (green and teal) which were higher in population than blue and red btw. Were merged. Does that escape your comprehension? It's not about what was going on in 1999. It's about what is going on currently in 2020. There were 4 servers now there are 3. Red is about dead. Blue is about half of what green is. So why merge green and teal when I can't recall reading any threads in green or teal asking for the servers to be merged. From most accounts I can tell most people were pretty happy with how Green and Teal were. Judging by the votes for this thread 5Xs more players are unhappy than happy there was a merge.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol so basically what you are demanding is that the game change to accommodate the fact the you personally have less play time.

That's not what classic EQ is about, sorry...
I don't think you have a clue what eq classic is about. Adam Joffe interview 2005 "Some worlds have slightly different rules of play, but the main reason there are so many is simply to avoid overcrowding. At any moment, there are thousands of players online, so some locales in the game would become too crowded with creatures if not for the division into separate worlds"

They clearly, at least publicly, cared about overcrowding and making sure people could do all locales during their play time.
Closed Thread