Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

I do not know of this exploit and exploits are what make eq eq so I sure hope someone will explain it to me!

Question, is it a p99 exploit or was it a arguably classic one is what I want to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2020, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

P99 exploit. The usual lame shit excuses by players who did it and those who saw it but didn't report ("I'm not a snitch" == :fakevirtue[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Not a dupe bug, if that's what you're thinkin.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:12 PM
Kobold

I may or may not still have the OBS video of the exploit going down and maybe a few screenshots of like 50+ unrotted Iceberg corpses lol I’ll look for them. Basically they were charming Tundra Jack and hasting and weaponizing and killing Iceberg(lvl 35 bear “sidekick” with Tundra jack but Iceberg was insta spawning(how to make this happen has been fixed). This was being done far far away from their normal spawning path in the corner of the zone so they wouldn’t be seen. Fortunately I was about to duo some giants with a Druid and we wanted iceberg as a pet and he was up on bard track! So we recruited the help of a ranger and found him! There was atleast 8 players huddled around up on the wall and an enchanter down below to recharm. Sat with bindsight for a while before I charmed the bear and everyone gated.

To give you an idea Iceberg(gives XP at 50) avg ToD was about 8seconds with an instant respawn. Quadding spectres with instant wands took about 50 seconds to pull, round up and click to death if you were really getting it with a 400second respawn. This is exploit was roughly 14x faster which is mind boggling.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

Poor, poor Mehu
Old 05-23-2020, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may or may not still have the OBS video of the exploit going down and maybe a few screenshots of like 50+ unrotted Iceberg corpses lol I’ll look for them. Basically they were charming Tundra Jack and hasting and weaponizing and killing Iceberg(lvl 35 bear “sidekick” with Tundra jack but Iceberg was insta spawning(how to make this happen has been fixed). This was being done far far away from their normal spawning path in the corner of the zone so they wouldn’t be seen. Fortunately I was about to duo some giants with a Druid and we wanted iceberg as a pet and he was up on bard track! So we recruited the help of a ranger and found him! There was atleast 8 players huddled around up on the wall and an enchanter down below to recharm. Sat with bindsight for a while before I charmed the bear and everyone gated.

To give you an idea Iceberg(gives XP at 50) avg ToD was about 8seconds with an instant respawn. Quadding spectres with instant wands took about 50 seconds to pull, round up and click to death if you were really getting it with a 400second respawn. This is exploit was roughly 14x faster which is mind boggling.
God damn what a story I love Everquest.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:31 AM
Aviak

to be fair the xp wasn't that absurd since the 50 enc is required to be in group. Quite good though. and we did nothing special to force iceberg to respawn, he does that anytime he dies and tundra jack is still alive, whether charmed or not.
is guard chopin and exploit mob because he spawns faster than the others? iceberg just happens to spawn instantly but thats how hes coded to behave, and has for decades.

everything else is pretty spot on. good times.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:32 AM
Aviak

RMT crap set aside...

Never underestimate the attention to detail and ingenuity of creatures captured in a world that never moves forward.

I love hearing these crazy stories about P99. EQ was never developed to lock people in such a small container.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Eat your heart out Slaythe.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRaff3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RMT crap set aside...

Never underestimate the attention to detail and ingenuity of creatures captured in a world that never moves forward.

I love hearing these crazy stories about P99. EQ was never developed to lock people in such a small container.
"Ur in our world now."

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-23-2020, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to be fair the xp wasn't that absurd since the 50 enc is required to be in group. Quite good though. and we did nothing special to force iceberg to respawn, he does that anytime he dies and tundra jack is still alive, whether charmed or not.
is guard chopin and exploit mob because he spawns faster than the others? iceberg just happens to spawn instantly but thats how hes coded to behave, and has for decades.

everything else is pretty spot on. good times.
I mean still sounds really cheap to take advantage of it like that. Totally defeats the point of the game. If you want easy fast EXP that you don’t have to make much effort to get, why aren’t you playing an MMO like WoW?
Closed Thread