Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
crabby old man playing 4000 year old goblin sim, deal with it or don't, I don't care
I like your sig.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
first, i believe you are refering to kingdom about the poaching. as kingdom has been warned multiple times to stop poaching. as far as i know ST has a no recruitment policy, they do not recruit, people come to them.

second, as far as keeping a roster that can answer the batphone 24/7, welcome to hardcore raiding in classic EQ. fucks sake. get with it.
Yet i have seen numerous screenshot of phatez or smash sending poaching tels, and then there s that time where he litteraly came to a kingdom raid in sky to advertise pre kunark recruitment.

You're either ignorant or full of it.
Last edited by Bach; 02-11-2021 at 12:55 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 12:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calling someone a cry baby is a bit rich when lots of your posts are lengthy posts essentially criticizing/crying about things.

And for the record I have no affiliation with ST, I’m just making a general observation
This is called a discussion, you re welcome to not take part in it.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because if you’re doing things like handing out mobs on rotation, then you might as well just have instances. If everyone gets their set time to be in X raid zone or kill Y raid mob, then you are essentially creating an instance for them.
Lolwut?

You're making no sense, you have no idea of what an instance is.
Last edited by Bach; 02-11-2021 at 01:09 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 01:00 PM
Skeleton

Did Ramal really just try and say that "Seal Team does not recruit"? I know it's an obvious troll because that's literally all this guy does, but lol.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was and am after classic EQ. TLP servers are so far from classic eq they are pretty much a different game. P99 is also not perfect classic EQ, although its the best we have, but the main culprit is the part of the player base that has created a shitty raid scene and zerg meta that has existed here for the better part of a decade, and the only people who think otherwise are the people creating said environment and benefitting from it.

P99 could be so much better, unfortunately it requires everybody to be on board and that's just not something I ever see happening. I still enjoy p99 casually and play it in a way that I enjoy without having to participate in the politics of the raid scene. That doesn't mean, as someone who has been around since before blue even went live, that I dont want to see things changed for the better in a way that the more of the server can experience all the content other than just the top zerg guild.
I agree with some of your points.

But let me back up a minute to explain my points of view a little further.

First of all, from when I started playing EverQuest in 1999, to the first time I logged in p99 around 2009-2010 and joined <Peace Pipe>, up until 2017 I had NEVER been in a "end game raiding guild". I was in the exact same guild figuratively speaking as most of you are today. <Anonymous> <Clue> <Haggard Krew> <Fires of Heaven>. Almost every single one of those guilds burned out of the raid scene. And I think it was due to approach, not because all raids weren't rotated. Like some have mentioned, the driving forces in those guilds, the people who put in the time to get gear, (Because progression in EverQuest is supposed to be hard) saw what they perceived as little rewards for their efforts. And either left for greener pastures, or, such as the case of FoH and HK, quit the server all together...

But there's a reason the greener pastures are greener. I didn't realize until raiding with AM how efficient it could be. When I First joined AM, it wasn't in the 150+ players for AoW AM from 2018-2019. AM and AW had very similar numbers for each encounter. I didn't realize how much time I had wasted (hours and hours) of wiping over and over again to Vindi because my guild couldn't accept that we didn't have enough clerics for the engage, I never felt obligated to keep going when I didn't feel like it anymore, because if I wanted to take a break, somebody else would step up. Raiding with AM was clean and efficient. I'd login, kill the mob, log out.

A big part of the reasons why AM was successful was due to recruiting since the forsaken days, and it's guild leadership. AM was started essentially as a merge of multiple smaller guilds such as the ones I listed above. Say what you want about Detoxx nerd rage from 2015, but AM and to an extension Freedom was systematically ran amazing. So much so, that when he took months/years long breaks, nobody from the outside really noticed. Because Aikons was raid leading. Or Phatez. Or Monrezz. Or whomever. Reading the forums people constantly talked about Detoxx this Detoxx that in reference to AM, and i'd just be sitting here reading it like... dude Detoxx hasn't logged in in a month.

My point is, If FoH, Or HK wanted to be more competitive. They took the wrong approach. Foh/Venerate was a strong alliance for a while. My first Ring War was with them. And I vividly remember my first Statue/AoW raid, It was with FoH/V, and we had the chance to kill the mob because one of our guild members won the race. We almost killed AoW. Got it down to maybe 50. If we had 4 more clerics, 1 more geared warrior, and 2 people ready to bump, we probably would have won that mob. My point being is that smaller guilds lose out when they feel the need to take down end game content with what they got. And maybe a secondary point of, the only time I got to sniff a truly end game mob in one of those guilds, it was due to FTE lockouts.

My second point is that, again, raiding in this game was supposed to be hard. And I also don't believe rotations were as liberal as some of you remember. I can't claim to be 100% authority on this, but I've picked just about every persons brain who has played p99 and claimed to be a heavy raider back in classic. One of those people, who ironically is a super casual p99 player, told me that back in 1999-2000, the guild he was in (Which was the top guild on the server) required you to provide you house phone number. And that when a mob popped, raid leaders would split up the call list and call people's house line to tell them lady vox popped. This same guy told me that he missed the birth of his son because he was raiding. Another person who claimed to be in the top raiding guild on their server during live, told me that the guild literally had DKP bonuses if you could get recruits to quit by being mean to them. That the applicants were so heavily vetted, that you would get a bonus for weeding out the "weak".

All of the examples of classic era content being rotated that i've personally seen was almost all exclusively lower priority mobs. Sure, your guild can take fear golems this week. Next Tuesday is the server wide Talendor! I also distinctly remember my father attending an open server Vox.. and it was in Velious. Trakanon, probably the most important mob in Kunark though? Doubt it was done.

Which leads me to #3, from my understanding, once a month there was a week of Open server raiding on Green? If that's the truth, that 100% fills any rotations were classic talk. I have REAL serious doubts that ANY top raiding guild in classic willingly went a whole week every month without being able to contest mobs as a guild. And, if there was a week out of every month to facilitate open raiding, that is MORE than fair. I personally wouldn't have agreed to it if I was ST leader. However, I would have probably tried other methods of inclusion, such as direct open invites to guilds looking to learn/experience encounters. I'd allow any guild who was serious about raiding an opportunity to learn the ropes. (Which is what you all should be doing now, forming alliances, and practicing engages as if Seal Team was breathing down your neck)

#4 And final point. Yes, having a larger roster helps you win mobs. That especially comes true in Velious. You're in Kunark. Trakanon is engaged with like 7 people. You can undoubtedly kill Trak with 15 people. I can 100% guarantee all of you that if 30-40 of our hard core players had access to appropriately geared and levels toons, we'd be taking our share of Trakanons. From this side of the fence, it seems like you guys aren't even trying. And don't want to try. I bet if you came to the table and say, hey, we're getting our asses beat. We can't compete. We don't have enough mages to camp out at poop mountain.... Would it be possible to coth up one of our mages when Trak is in window so that we have a chance? You'd get somewhere. And I would completely fight for you. There SHOULD be efforts from the top to promote a healthy competition. But to ask for more rotations, when the mob was already given up for free once a month? And, on TOP of that, it sounds like there is close to little competition for it otherwise. Why give you free raid mobs when you refuse to try otherwise? This game was never about easy rewards. My father played this game damn near 7 days a week, and didn't have a max level toon until Luclin. He would get to a hell level, like 54, and it would be too hard so he'd just make an alt and play that with the friends he made along the way.

If the raid scene is too hard for you, make an alt and enjoy the game.
Last edited by Twochain; 02-11-2021 at 01:59 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

I haven't played in awhile and just came back again. I have to say that Seal Team was always toxic and a problem. But welfare recipients rule non-instance mmo's. Always have and always will. Using the competitive excuse is just asinine. In the game of life, "competitive" raiders on an ancient mmo are losing.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Twochain

Mobs are contested, people try...just not 24/7.

Do some fact checking first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2021, 02:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with some of your points.

But let me back up a minute to explain my points of view a little further.

First of all, from when I started playing EverQuest in 1999, to the first time I logged in p99 around 2009-2010 and joined <Peace Pipe>, up until 2017 I had NEVER been in a "end game raiding guild". I was in the exact same guild figuratively speaking as most of you are today. <Anonymous> <Clue> <Haggard Krew> <Fires of Heaven>. Almost every single one of those guilds burned out of the raid scene. And I think it was due to approach, not because all raids weren't rotated. Like some have mentioned, the driving forces in those guilds, the people who put in the time to get gear, (Because progression in EverQuest is supposed to be hard) saw what they perceived as little rewards for their efforts. And either left for greener pastures, or, such as the case of FoH and HK, quit the server all together...

But there's a reason the greener pastures are greener. I didn't realize until raiding with AM how efficient it could be. When I First joined AM, it wasn't in the 150+ players for AoW AM from 2018-2019. AM and AW had very similar numbers for each encounter. I didn't realize how much time I had wasted (hours and hours) of wiping over and over again to Vindi because my guild couldn't accept that we didn't have enough clerics for the engage, I never felt obligated to keep going when I didn't feel like it anymore, because if I wanted to take a break, somebody else would step up. Raiding with AM was clean and efficient. I'd login, kill the mob, log out.

A big part of the reasons why AM was successful was due to recruiting since the forsaken days, and it's guild leadership. AM was started essentially as a merge of multiple smaller guilds such as the ones I listed above. Say what you want about Detoxx nerd rage from 2015, but AM and to an extension Freedom was systematically ran amazing. So much so, that when he took months/years long breaks, nobody from the outside really noticed. Because Aikons was raid leading. Or Phatez. Or Monrezz. Or whomever. Reading the forums people constantly talked about Detoxx this Detoxx that in reference to AM, and i'd just be sitting here reading it like... dude Detoxx hasn't logged in in a month.

My point is, If FoH, Or HK wanted to be more competitive. They took the wrong approach. Foh/Venerate was a strong alliance for a while. My first Ring War was with them. And I vividly remember my first Statue/AoW raid, It was with FoH/V, and we had the chance to kill the mob because one of our guild members won the race. We almost killed AoW. Got it down to maybe 50. If we had 4 more clerics, 1 more geared warrior, and 2 people ready to bump, we probably would have won that mob. My point being is that smaller guilds lose out when they feel the need to take down end game content with what they got. And maybe a secondary point of, the only time I got to sniff a truly end game mob in one of those guilds, it was due to FTE lockouts.

My second point is that, again, raiding in this game was supposed to be hard. And I also don't believe rotations were as liberal as some of you remember. I can't claim to be 100% authority on this, but I've picked just about every persons brain who has played p99 and claimed to be a heavy raider back in classic. One of those people, who ironically is a super casual p99 player, told me that back in 1999-2000, the guild he was in (Which was the top guild on the server) required you to provide you house phone number. And that when a mob popped, raid leaders would split up the call list and call people's house line to tell them lady vox popped. This same guy told me that he missed the birth of his son because he was raiding. Another person who claimed to be in the top raiding guild on their server during live, told me that the guild literally had DKP bonuses if you could get recruits to quit by being mean to them. That the applicants were so heavily vetted, that you would get a bonus for weeding out the "weak".

All of the examples of classic era content being rotated that i've personally seen was almost all exclusively lower priority mobs. Sure, your guild can take fear golems this week. Next Tuesday is the server wide Talendor! I also distinctly remember my father attending an open server Vox.. and it was in Velious. Trakanon, probably the most important mob in Kunark though? Doubt it was done.

Which leads me to #3, from my understanding, once a month there was a week of Open server raiding on Green? If that's the truth, that 100% fills any rotations were classic talk. I have REAL serious doubts that ANY top raiding guild in classic willingly went a whole week every month without being able to contest mobs as a guild. And, if there was a week out of every month to facilitate open raiding, that is MORE than fair. I personally wouldn't have agreed to it if I was ST leader. However, I would have probably tried other methods of inclusion, such as direct open invites to guilds looking to learn/experience encounters. I'd allow any guild who was serious about raiding an opportunity to learn the ropes. (Which is what you all should be doing now, forming alliances, and practicing engages as if Seal Team was breathing down your neck)

#4 And final point. Yes, having a larger roster helps you win mobs. That especially comes true in Velious. You're in Kunark. Trakanon is engaged with like 7 people. You can undoubtedly kill Trak with 15 people. I can 100% guarantee all of you that if 30-40 of our hard core players had access to appropriately geared and levels toons, we'd be taking our share of Trakanons. From this side of the fence, it seems like you guys aren't even trying. And don't want to try. I bet if you came to the table and say, hey, we're getting our asses beat. We can't compete. We don't have enough mages to camp out at poop mountain.... Would it be possible to coth up one of our mages when Trak is in window so that we have a chance? You'd get somewhere. And I would completely fight for you. There SHOULD be efforts from the top to promote a healthy competition. But to ask for more rotations, when the mob was already given up for free once a month? And, on TOP of that, it sounds like there is close to little competition for it otherwise. Why give you free raid mobs when you refuse to try otherwise? This game was never about easy rewards. My father played this game damn near 7 days a week, and didn't have a max level toon until Luclin. He would get to a hell level, like 54, and it would be too hard so he'd just make an alt and play that with the friends he made along the way.

If the raid scene is too hard for you, make an alt and enjoy the game.
So basically if you are in the 1% of the server population that is unemployed, you get to do raid content. If you are part of the 99% of adult with responsibilities, you don't, or you get the trash that ST doesn't want. Sounds like a fun game

We aren't in high school anymore
Old 02-11-2021, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twochain

Mobs are contested, people try...just not 24/7.

Do some fact checking first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am willingly corrected, since I don't play on Green, I pick up what I can through the forums. I thought I read Nirgon Implying that Trakanon wasn't often contested.

What is making Seal Team win 100% of the Trakanons then?

It's not a 1:1 comparison, but Trak is 100% contested 24/7 on Blue with 2/3rds of the active player base. Yes, I understand the different reasons that it's easier to contest trak on Blue when most players have a geared level 60 toon they can park out for it. But Trakanon, at this point in Kunark, is pretty much Vulak. It's the only way to get in to VP. Why TF haven't guilds 2 3 and 4 teamed up to provide extra coverage during off hours?

Genuine questions btw i'm all ears
Last edited by Twochain; 02-11-2021 at 02:39 PM..
Closed Thread