Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Large Bat

Default Crashing when Un equipping weapons

Problem started 2 days ago randomly with no changes on my part. I tried to unequip my weapons doing chardok for queen.. I went to remove the main hand and crashed straight to login. It doesnt happen on any of my other toons I have tried them all it only happens on my bard. The game runs smooth and everything works fine until i try to unequip any of my main hand off hand or ranged items.

The best part is i am able to swap them out. I can swap out weapons all day.. I just cant leave the slot empty which is a problem being a bard without his epic.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:13 AM
Large Bat

Its happening on a second and third computer which makes me think its something more client side than a file on my computer. help ?
Old 03-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Kobold

better try to post in the bugs forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its happening on a second and third computer which makes me think its something more client side than a file on my computer. help ?
Did you just copy your installs between computers? What UI are you using? have you tried deleting your ui files and resetting to default?
Old 03-16-2014, 06:58 PM
Large Bat

I actually just used the standard UI on the other computers. I did delete all my UI files i could find with my characters name in it. Im using Duxa btw, I copy pasted my Bards UI file to my other characters as well and they didnt have the same issue.. So i dont think its a UI file. I think i have a corrupted item on that character or something if it happening on multiple computers with different UI files.

I have done most of the brain dead things that come with playing this game for years... Delete EQclient delete UI files... revert to the standard UI etc... Its none of those things.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Banned

Sounds odd, All you did was unequip some weapons? What weapon from what slot? and you say it still happens when your running default UI? If a fresh install of EQ and running default again doesn't fix this, I have never heard of unequipping an item crashing a player unless it had some graphics etc that were not being loaded but even if you were running EQlite version it should support any and all weapons including the funky looking weapons/items the GM's use. I would try a full re install if this is still happening.