Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

I feel your pain, however, keep in mind there's like 3 dudes keeping this whole catastrophe on the tracks.
All the bans, all the bugs, all the questions. And they're still trying to get Kunark up and running for the unwashed masses.

It's entirely possible it got lost in the shuffle. re-petition? Just, uh, don't be all nerd-rage about it, you know?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

I had an item reimbursement request up for two months. I didn't bump it at all for the first month or so, then I think I petitioned about it in game and Uthgaard suggested bumping it daily, so I did that for another few weeks. Finally Uthgaard responded to the thread like "send me a tell in-game" and was nice enough to manually do the quest and give me the item (though he can't reimburse items, he can still just go through and do quests for people; not that this is something to be expected of him, was just a cool thing he did).

Moral is keep at it if you really want to, but don't expect a speedy response. It looks like only Rogean can do reimbursements, and he's busy with other shit (most likely Kunark). Item reimbursements understandably take a pretty low priority. If I knew when I posted the petition that it would take that much time and that much bumping to get the item back, I probably would've just gone through the quest again myself; not casting aspersions on the staff here, just saying that maybe it's better to just forget about the lost item and deal with it. Don't get a sense of entitlement; this is a free server by necessity and the administrators are offering us a gift, as opposed to a product we are paying for. They have no obligation to do item reimbursements, or indeed anything.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had an item reimbursement request up for two months. I didn't bump it at all for the first month or so, then I think I petitioned about it in game and Uthgaard suggested bumping it daily, so I did that for another few weeks. Finally Uthgaard responded to the thread like "send me a tell in-game" and was nice enough to manually do the quest and give me the item (though he can't reimburse items, he can still just go through and do quests for people; not that this is something to be expected of him, was just a cool thing he did).

Moral is keep at it if you really want to, but don't expect a speedy response. It looks like only Rogean can do reimbursements, and he's busy with other shit (most likely Kunark). Item reimbursements understandably take a pretty low priority. If I knew when I posted the petition that it would take that much time and that much bumping to get the item back, I probably would've just gone through the quest again myself; not casting aspersions on the staff here, just saying that maybe it's better to just forget about the lost item and deal with it. Don't get a sense of entitlement; this is a free server by necessity and the administrators are offering us a gift, as opposed to a product we are paying for. They have no obligation to do item reimbursements, or indeed anything.
wow.. that was incredibility cool or Uthgard. props to him.

On the other hand this shows a serious lack of support for this server. Free or not player service is vital to any online game. Just as vital as getting expansions, fixing bugs, banning hackers, ect.

I know I submitted my app to be a guide. I'm sure many others did also. Wish i could offer more help but im not behind the curtain and cant see enough to make any suggestions for a stronger player support team.

As for my issue... ill just keep on bumping and try to keep it as entertaining as possible while I do.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

nilbog did a reimbursement for me once! Then again I was nerdraging after only about a day of not having my lambent bracers items. I can't believe the way things used to be.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind the population growth over the last few months, there's a lot more people out there with problems now.

I enchant things...
Old 10-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

The list for reimbursements is a mile long. Id say not worth waiting for if you can go out and get another unless its rare/god loot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nilbog did a reimbursement for me once! Then again I was nerdraging after only about a day of not having my lambent bracers items. I can't believe the way things used to be.
Items like this are minor to them dont expect an answer for months come on its a lambent bracer........
Last edited by ooantipostoo; 10-20-2010 at 11:51 AM..
Closed Thread