Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Aviak

Send a message via MSN to Olacaten
Smile Classic Money!

Back on release it was classic to be able to drop money on the ground if i remeber right? it was great being low level and finding gold on the ground that higher level chars would drop hehe i got alot of money that way.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

think there is a reason as to why they cant put this in game..

-shrug- id love for it to be in though if possible lol
Old 10-20-2010, 01:17 AM
Fire Giant

Titanium code problem? Did they discontinue the droping of $$ on live at some point ?do not recall. I do miss being able to xfer cash without haveing to find a pal i trust.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

I think it was killed once they put in the shared bank slots...oops.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Being unable to drop money started sometime during Luclin or PoP. It was done because people would drop their copper all over the place and it littered the game up. The reason it can't be put in is because it's a client side issue. The code for dropping coins isn't there anymore in titanium.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Apparently people would crash zones by dropping craptons of copper pieces everywhere...Dunno if that was a myth tho.

In any case, I'd prefer to have drop-coins available (if possible) since I've done tons of drop transfers, on live and here, and never lost them because I always had see invis up, and did them in very remote or odd places that most players weren't even aware of.

I won't complain if it's not added, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Orc

Man, back in the day we'd go drop stacks of tens of thousands of copper in the newbie yard... watching these horribly overloaded newbs crawling back to nfp.

So much joy.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently people would crash zones by dropping craptons of copper pieces everywhere...Dunno if that was a myth tho.
I know a few of people that used to do that in the Karanas. They would make a breadtrail from one end to the other and you'd see newbies following around... zonecrashes were prevalent. When they realized what was happening there was about another week of constant zone crashes before it was disabled.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know a few of people that used to do that in the Karanas. They would make a breadtrail from one end to the other and you'd see newbies following around... zonecrashes were prevalent. When they realized what was happening there was about another week of constant zone crashes before it was disabled.
That's helpful, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Orc

There were many exploits with dropping of coin. Most notably would be the firepot exploit in EC. You would not get any confirmation asking you if you wanted to drop the money.

Scammer would sit on the firepot and auction something. Buyer would come up and try to hand money but with the firepot, the money wouldn't be traded. Money would instead drop under the fireport in which the scammer would either pick it up himself or have a spotter do it.
Closed Thread