Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Kobold

Default Little issue with alt-tabbing

Hi all, the game works fine apart from this one little issue.

When I alt-tab to read the web while medding or whatever, I then alt tab back and it seems to mess up my resolution somehow. My resolution is set to 1680x1050 in the options screen in the game, and when I tab back, it's as though the game is only expecting me to be using about 1024x768. What happens is that my cursor will only control the game within a small (approximately 1024x768) area to the top left. If I click on anything outside of this area, the click doesn't register in the game and tabs me back to windows. So the game is un-usable like that.

A solution I found is to reload the UI and brings it back to normal and lets the cursor click on the entire screen as normal, however it also loses all my chat history and if I do it too many times I get an error message. So I'm wondering if anyone could maybe help me find a more permanent solution.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Kobold

I get this a lot too. alt-enter (switching to fullscreen) and then switching back to windowed-mode usually corrects it, but it also causes a "reset device failure" crash most of the time.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Your windowed resolution is set to 1024x768. If you set it to 1680x1050, you will not have this problem.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your windowed resolution is set to 1024x768. If you set it to 1680x1050, you will not have this problem.
Ahhh thank you! Where can I change that windowed resolution? I looked in the folder and I don't have an eqclient.ini and the other ini files are either mostly empty or full of hundreds of lines of stuff.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Kobold

I managed to change the windowed resolution using the options button on the main menu of the game, which opens a little window to do the settings. But the nearest match was 1600x1200 or something. Does anyone know if there is a file I can edit to specify this?
Old 04-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Kobold

If you go into your EQ directory there is a file called Eqclient.ini

Find it and scroll down to this part:

WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=720
Width=1280
Height=768
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=768

and change accordingly, saving after your done [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Unfortunately there is no eqclient.ini in my folder at all. There usually is when I have played on other emu's, but on p99 it doesn't seem to create one for some reason. I just tried making one myself and adding that stuff above, but it didn't seem to change the resolution.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

How in the world is there no eqclient.ini file? Seems to me like it would be a requirement of the game.

Are you running in admin mode?

Have you run the OptionsEditor.exe file yet?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Not running as admin, and yes I ran OptionsEditor first thing after installing the game. Unfortunately with that optionseditor, none of the resolution options are the same as my screen. I find that if I set it too big it crashes the game, and if I set it too small, I have the issue I have now. If only I could find a way to manually edit it somehow. Usually I always do this with eqclient.ini but yes, strange it doesn't exist for me.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Run in admin mode...

Also, did you install in program folders or something?

Sounds like your file is not saving after you exit the game, hence it's disappearing.