Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkiller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you aren't attacking after you fd, your attacks get switched off as soon as you FD. But it doesn't matter now that I know how it works on this server.
Hmm, I suppose if it did switch off auto attack as soon as you FD, then there wouldn't be a problem with FDing while auto attack is on.

But what do I know.

Also, the part you quoted was less literal and more a jest.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Kobold

This happened to me for the first time a couple days ago. I never turn on autoattack, so it certainly wasn't that. I casted FD, didn't get an interrupt or a fail message, and the mob continued to attack me until death. This was in HS and it was a melee skele. First and only time it happened though.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanbanthony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This happened to me for the first time a couple days ago. I never turn on autoattack, so it certainly wasn't that. I casted FD, didn't get an interrupt or a fail message, and the mob continued to attack me until death. This was in HS and it was a melee skele. First and only time it happened though.
Doh ok. Maybe it could be a latency issue? I wonder if we can set datarate or whatever that setting was. Been a while..
Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Kobold

Yep same thing just happened to me. Failed feign even with no auto attack, and no failed message.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Kobold

It's probably worth mentioning that this only seems to happen if the mob is meleeing you. If you have some distance then feign always works as it should. (apart from legit failures)
Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Aviak

Default some more info

Ok speaking as a monk

I have seen the failed feing death upon being hit.

Remember mobs here on p1999 mobs have biger hit boxes so you you may think the mob is father away, but in reality mob is still with in range and attempting to hit you.

examples warsilk woods rengades camps < manslayers, piraihs etc etc>

as monk i am running away and trying to break a camp i feing death thinking mob / mobs is far enough for me to pul it off. I flop to ground mob commences attack animation at distance i get hit as i see damage but mob stops attacking me and feing succeeds.

same situation as above but this time i can see the other mobs in the pull 3 of them 2 stop atackign me as i flop , third is just in range of its larget hit bock and hit me and continues to attack me and triggeres other 2 to attack me.

I personally think it has to with latency between server and my toon <howeever this works> its only logical way i can think of why in almost exact same situations one time i pulll it of a second time i dont. This perty easy to duplicate with a monk just have a higher level friend help you and keep puling mobs 2 or 3 and try the fieng as mobs get close to you.

On the necromancer fieng it could be just a latency issue again as necromancer needs to have more time to cast spell and flop. if your lagy just a bit you may think you have enough distance but server has you a lot closer end result is your geting hit as y ou succeed in casting spell and you fieng fails because mob lands damage.

I dont have a necro mancer anymore or i would try same test as my monk in warsilk woods.

Hope my info helps.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Do the devs have this on their to-do list? It's becoming quite frustrating not being able to rely on FD like I used to on live and on other servers. It seems to not work about 80% of the time when a mob is attacking me (which is usually the time when it gets used). So it's basically like FD is not working.

I would be happy to help trouble shoot it with latency tweaks or whatever, if someone can tell me what to try.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Aviak

Had this happen to me today, got knocked unconscious mid-cast, regained consciousness and finished casting (successful feign), then there was about a 1-2 second delay and the mob swung on me again.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Feign death purportedly works, but mob attacks while indifferent

I was fighting a burynai digmaster in frontier mountains at level 32 with a monk.
Another burynai appeared, a rockshaper, and joined the fight, causing me concern.
So, I feign - feign fails - a side issue I will detail later.
While attempting to survive until feign comes back up, I get knocked unconscious.
Feign comes up, and I regain consciousness, and hit the feign again (I use macro).
Feign clearly succeeds, because the macro indicates the targeted mob (digmaster) is indifferent.
The targeted mob then hit me and killed me.

I should note that this bug not only cost me experience, but considerable time in a
corpse run and, of course, in writing this report. Seems I should be able to recover that exp,
but no doubt that is yet another part of the "1999 experience".

Oh - and though feign seems to hardly ever fail when I practice (maybe once in 20 attempts),
it always seems to fail when I am in a battle - interesting!
Cost me a life this time (as it has on several prior occasions).

So, if feign doesn't work or regularly fails when needed, what the hell good is it????

I have included screenshot with the macro, which should answer those that think this is not a bug.
The FD macro was used after the rockshaper hit me for 80 + 14 points.
The failure can be seen by my falling to the ground.
The digmaster is still "scowls at you".
The FD macro was used (a second time) just after "You are conscious again".
The /con in the macro indicates the digmaster is indifferent.
The digmaster then proceeds to hit me for 32 points, killing me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQfdfail.jpg (96.5 KB, 37 views)
Old 07-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

i couldn't tell you what to do to avoid that, but i'll say i sorta know what you're talking about and ithink with experience i've gotten better at not dying in that situation. FD failing and going unconscious is a bad combo. i think it has something to do with being standing or laying down when you try to re-feign. FD is still very useful, sucks that you died [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]