Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Default A lowbie troll in The Feerrott

I recently rolled a new troll SHM, just because I like them and was quickly disappointed in the mob density in Innothule. After getting level 2, I moved to Feerrott based on a second suggestion of it being better, and the lizard meat and tail quests. So what follows is a data based on my time in Feerrott, which was from level 2 (and a bit) through dinging to level 5.

My plan was to stock up on lizard meats/tails, and do the quests when I hit 5, when Broodlings greened out. Since tails didn't stack (and heavy), and the Warrior version of the quest[1] gave rawhide armor which I could use, I did the tail quest as I got them. Even at level 3-4, if the XP bar moved at all, I couldn't see it, so I wouldn't consider this a "good" XP quest. I did end up with 9 pieces of usable rawhide though (missing: neck, 1 wrist, back, and arms). Unbuffed at level 5 with 83 AGI I have 126AC.

I focused on Lizard Broodlings, decaying skels, and froglok tads since they all drop quest items, money, armor, and/or weapons. I would take spiderlings and scarabs if they crossed my path since they were level 2-3, but I didn't go out of my way to find them. Also anything that agro'd (wolves, mainly), and the very occasional mob of opportunity (snakes, armadillos).

Some stats (2-5: The Feerrott):

Money: 63p (avg: 8.8 silver/kill, after expenses). This is the sum total of all sales 1-5 minus any costs of food, ~3 stacks of sharpening stones, a few level 1 and 5 spells, and 5 or so backpacks.

Mobs killed: (709 total; 626 of which may drop weapons or armor)

476 lizard man broodling!
78 a decaying skeleton!
70 a froglok tad!
42 a jungle spiderling!
19 a lesser scarab!
13 a green snake!
5 a black wolf!
3 an armadillo!
1 a lizardman mystic!
1 a lizardman forager!
1 a jungle spider!

Quest Loot:

370 a Lizard Meat (77% drop rate)
64 a Lizard Tail (13% drop rate)

Rusty Weapons Loot: (111 total; 18% overall drop rate for 'weapon/armor droppers')

9 a Rusty Shortened Spear.
8 a Rusty Warhammer.
8 a Rusty Two Handed Hammer.
8 a Rusty Short Sword.
8 a Rusty Morning Star.
8 a Rusty Flail.
7 a Rusty Bastard Sword.
6 a Rusty Spear.
6 a Rusty Scythe.
6 a Rusty Rapier.
6 a Rusty Broad Sword.
5 a Rusty Mace.
5 a Rusty Dagger.
5 a Rusty Axe.
4 a Rusty Two Handed Sword.
4 a Rusty Scimitar.
3 a Rusty Halberd.
3 a Rusty Battle Axe.
2 a Rusty Long Sword.

Wood weapons:
4 a Worn Great Staff.
4 a Cracked Staff.

Cloth Armor: (95 total; 15% overall drop rate among 'weapon/armor droppers')

11 a Large Cloth Pants.
10 a Large Cloth Sleeves.
9 a Large Cloth Gloves.
9 a Large Cloth Cape.
8 a Large Cloth Wristband.
7 a Large Cloth Shirt.
7 a Large Cloth Cord.
6 a Large Cloth Shawl.
6 a Large Cloth Cap.
4 a Large Cloth Sandals.
4 a Large Cloth Choker.
2 a Cloth Veil.
2 a Cloth Shirt.
2 a Cloth Pants.
2 a Cloth Choker.
2 a Cloth Cape.
1 a Large Cloth Veil.
1 a Cloth Sleeves.
1 a Cloth Shawl.
1 a Cloth Gloves.

Misc loots of interest:
1 a Belt Pouch.
1 a Bandages.
1 a Backpack. (!)

Musings/observations:

Innothule is absurdly low XP/reward for these levels compared to Feerrott and should be avoided. These level 1 mobs drop more than enough rusty weapons and cloth to COMPLETELY outfit any adventurer by level 2 (or 3 at the latest.) Innothule cannot compare. Plus, you can sell in the same zone. Backpacks, muffins, and milk are all available in Oggok.

Now that I'm 5 I may head back to do Frogs since a) you can find some, and b) they drop stuff that's sell-able. Feerrott's broodlings drop a fair bit more than any other newb zone I'm aware of (maybe ButcherBlock newb zone near Kaladim skels are as good? Not sure about Toxx kobolds), and just selling that got me to 60p by level 5, and I haven't done the quest yet which gives a 2h weapon per 4 meats, which I have collected 19 stacks of. If it were easy enough to do, I'd got to Steamfont and do Kobold camps till 8, but I can't port, and I can't sell there easy enough to make it worthwhile.

[1] Lizard Meat Quest (Warrior Version)

I did this for fear of wrecking my Troll SK faction. I'm not sure if they're linked to the troll Shaman faction in any way, but wasn't willing to risk it. The wiki says the SK version of this quest has more XP.

After 94 turnins of meats, I got this much more XP: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] which I gauge to be about 12% of a level (for a troll shm, at level 5), or about 0.13% per turnin. The 2h Axe sold for 2.78g each for a total of 26p.

Worth it? Sure, why not. At a meat drop rate of 77%, 4 meats => ~5.2 mobs at 0.88 gold loot per lizard => 4.5g + 2.78g => ~7.4g => ~1.4g/lizard. And 12% of a level is 12% I wouldn't have had.
Old 12-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Kobold

data is beautiful
Old 12-29-2019, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

I used to not believe in the feerrott until i gave it a hard 1-6 try. I am amazed at the gold the lizards drop, the mob density, and amount of spidering and spider silks when one knows where to look
Old 12-29-2019, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Noice. 63p is almost a set a banded, that’s pretty decent.
Old 12-29-2019, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

I wish I could rate this thread higher than 5 stars.
Old 12-29-2019, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish I could rate this thread higher than 5 stars.
That's very kind, and unexpected. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2019, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

The see me trolling
They be gatin'.
Trying to catch me grinding dirty.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:19 PM
Skeleton

yeah I just leveled up through the feerott, ogre shaman (rerolled from troll because im lame)

very interesting to see the data from it, i was disappointed in the meat quests TBH, when compared to what the good people get for their newbie quests, but perhaps the gold makes up for it, good to not have to worry about the lvl 9-14 spells.

Really appreciate the work you did here it was cool, did you use a program to parse(idk if thats allowed, new to being involved) but either way great data analysis and appreciate this will keep an eye for anything you do like this in the future!!

Also the frogs infront of guk are great, and another place to check out til you hit 9 is the undead in feerotts northwest corner, guess i shouldnt be letting the whole world know about this spot, but its great.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

It's kind of funny you posted this because I was wondering about a lot of this myself. I rolled a troll shaman and thought about trying Feerrott but ended up just leveling to 5 in the swamp area. Now I sorta wish I had been more adventurous. Good data!
Old 12-29-2019, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

An interesting side benefit that might be particularly notable especially for warriors is that if you avoid fighting in the swamp you also avoid completely destroying your forglok faction. When/if you get a guise I think dark elves can realistic faction their way to being non-KOs to the live frogs. Trolls i think will be forever KOS to them, probably ogres too.
Closed Thread