Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Disgusting... Such a trusted man ends up getting all these good folk banned. Well, if you were to ask me I would tell you one thing. There is a place where real money trades dont occur. There is a place where it is just a game. This place aint far. Its one server down on the server select. Come home brothers and anyone pretending to be female.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How could culprit use tracker accounts he hasn't had access to in 2 years to operate? I'm just saying you could have looked at dates and not banned accounts that he hasn't been able to login to in years. And the TMO situation was different. That was a bunch of TMO accounts plus it was duping (wasn't it? I don't really care or remember) The culprit situation was different since he's been in VD, BDA, FE, and TMO over a 3 year period. Arbitrarily banning accounts he doesn't even have access to any longer just seemed overboard.

Was the exact same situation. One person broke a rule that the punishment for is the banning of all accounts ever logged into, who had logged into dozens of accounts over a 4 year period, so we banned everything he had logged into even a single time. How many guilds the player had been a part of really doesn't make any difference, just as it didn't make any difference in the TMO ban wave (froovy had logged into characters from other guilds as well as TMO). Very few people outside of TMO thought this was "overboard" at the time.

In this situation, Culprit has been selling for years, it's entirely possible he could have used any account he had logged into since he started here to sell platinum off of. How much time has gone by makes no difference - if he had sold platinum off an account 2 years ago, that account would be permabanned. Regardless, we don't differentiate. We tell people not to share account information for this exact reason. There is no way for me to know what accounts he used to sell platinum with without checking every single one, which would take an inordinate amount of time - more time for him to continue selling platinum on the server. Stopping someone from making money off this server is more important than BDA/TMO/Whoever having their tracker accounts banned for a day because they made the mistake of sharing account information when they have been told repeatedly not to.

The bottom line is if you don't want your accounts to get banned for someone else's actions, don't share those account's information. This will never change. People should just be thankful that Eunomia and I are willing to go through and clear the innocent accounts instead of leaving them banned (again, something that server administration would have no problem with doing - nilbog especially adheres to the "trust no one" school of thought when it comes to your account info).
Old 10-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've only infrequently given cliff golem weapons and SI though! Never actually have followed through on buffing all the entry mobs into HS south, or going in with Svenn and Save and Loraen to buy the cliff golem a tstaff for unresistable stun lulz! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol!!!! That's truly dedication tho. I like that.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No offense, but don't you see how you're perpetuating the problem?

You're not protecting anyone from wrongful bans. You're protecting them from themselves, enabling players to share accounts, reap the rewards(in turn altering the raid scene for the entire server), and all with zero risk. Why would they ever stop, when players know you'll come and perform in hindsight the sort of due diligence they themselves should have exercised up-front?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread