Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Next event should be to make he blue server into a red server for 12 hours. You know like that movie with no laws for 12 hours a year
this would be awesome, but make quakes happen once an hour during this...
Old 04-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make quakes happen
on red it was like 2-4 quakes a month for 8 months in the end of kunark and 1 shake since velious has been released
Old 04-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on red it was like 2-4 quakes a month for 8 months in the end of kunark and 1 shake since velious has been released
You idiot, when it shakes on red it shakes on blue. Never had 4 in a month, and been 2 or 3 since velious released
Old 04-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

right after the recycle99 server comes out
Old 04-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

I think the last gm event was when discord launched in october.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the last gm event was when discord launched in october.
is this a burn?
Old 04-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You idiot, when it shakes on red it shakes on blue. Never had 4 in a month, and been 2 or 3 since velious released
definitely have had 4 in a month in kunark
I remember because it was the same day each week for that month, right after all the mobs were down, they were back up.

also its been 10 months since velious was released and we had 2 instead of the 1 that I remember? ok. still went from 2-4 a month to 1 or 2 in 10 months
Old 04-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it was a good question. I might add that the last GM event we had, the blue community raged at "how shitty" it was. With the way people acted, I would not be interested in hosting another one anytime soon.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Banned

Transfer OP to red, put all his plat on his body and announce to world where he is and whoever coins him first is the winner.

Sounds like a great event to me
Old 04-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

On live there were different kinds of "GM events". You had actual zone changes, such as the Halloween events that made changes to NPCs, loot tables and other things. You had scheduled events in which large scale events happened on every server, usually prior or directly after releasing new content. The last type were events that were run by Guides off scripts from the Guide website, that could be run with 1 person, or up to six.

The first type I assume requires a large amount of programming changes in the server, which would delay changes and fixes the staff are already working on. The second would probably require full participation from the server staff and would black out any customer service needs for the duration of the event.

The last type is feasible to do with one person, but are done a much smaller scale. All it required was that the event be requested through the Server GM, a character be created on the Guides' accounts, loaded with rewards that were to be either looted, or handed out, and given the appropriate buffs (HP/DMG Table/DS/Regen ect.). Once in the Guide could use a command to flag the character as an NPC, find some players, and then act out the script. The issue being that this is not live, and the data for the commands and buffs required to make a character act like an NPC may not exist, or be appropriately tuned. Also new scripts would have to be created and approved, as I doubt anyone has an archive of the Guide website correct to the server timeline.
Closed Thread