Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-28-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure when it was, but I remember incidents like this. The check for level was done on your target even for self-only spells. I'd have to either target myself or clear my target in order to cast. Qien wasn't 50+ until well into Velious, possibly Luclin, so I'm not sure if it existed in Kunark era.

-Mcoy
That spell was self-only. I am kind of on the fence about whether or not other self only buffs had similar restrictions.

For example, there are a ton of examples in your Qien file of this:
Quote:
Qien logs:
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:57 2001] Your spell did not take hold.
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:58 2001] You begin casting Chill Sight.
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:58 2001] Your Sorcerer's Wristband begins to glow.
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:01 2001] Wisterian says out of character, 'I am ready'
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:01 2001] Your eyes tingle.
The spell not taking hold is extremely common before you click your Sorcerer's Wristband, making me think self-only clickies required manual self targeting. However, it does give me pause to conclude that as you also owned JBoots and its possible you just had a habit of applying insta-click jboots then Chill Sight immediately after. If you had SoW on you may get the 'Your spell did not take hold.' message from the JBoots.

Do you happen to remember anything like that?

Otherwise I'd need to make another little program to figure out which buffs you had on at the time, but there are so many SPDAT messages it would be a ton of work.

I did notice that you never received any 'Your spell did not take hold.' messages when casting Improved Visibility or Shield of the Magi, which could be by chance, but I doubt it.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

If I'm in Cobalt Scar then that was definitely the sequence of events. After each med session between quads I'd click jboots, then the wristband, to ensure that they didn't time out during my next quad. I had the hotkeys right next to each other. You'll probably next see a bunch of "target out of range" messages or "a wyvern looks uncomfortable" from me mashing the flux staff hotkey. After each quad I'd run back to that big rock near SS zone (CS was pretty empty when I was there so the spot was usually open) and I'd harvest and go afk.

Non-interesting trivia - Qien's jboots were looted from Drelzna so he never had to deal with the AC quest line.

-Mcoy
Last edited by mcoy; 01-28-2019 at 04:02 PM..
Old 01-28-2019, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

What about spells landing on you or resisting?

I dont recall early era 'you resisted the ice comet spell', just 'you resist a <mobname's> spell
Old 01-29-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about spells landing on you or resisting?

I dont recall early era 'you resisted the ice comet spell', just 'you resist a <mobname's> spell
All the resist messages I see mention the spell name:
Quote:
[Mon Nov 12 18:42:20 2001] You resist the EarthElementalAttack spell!!
Keep in mind the only logs I have from mcoy have very late velious info (after the final patch occurred).

Perhaps it was as you say back in the day, but would need to be confirmed via other log files or classic screenshots.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't learn about adding the logging option to the ini file until towards the end. If I could get some of my old drives to work I probably have a few logs on those when I remembered to manually do "/log on" but short of going to a data recovery place it's not likely for those to turn up.

-Mcoy
Old 09-30-2019, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

I'm still sad that no one's mentioned anything about "Hit by non-melee for 12 damage" (iirc) which is the most classic message.