Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

On the actual topic however I would say that leveling a cleric is painful as an alt. If you already have a near max level character , you likely wont appreciate having to spend so much time in 6man so groups with painfully slow xp just to get xp at all. I loved leveling my cleric as my first character because I would always be invited on adventures and getting said groups was easy.

The exception to all of this is the enc/clr duo with is a powerhouse of great xp. Baylan nailed it and is likely the only non painful way to do it.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-31-2018, 07:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would absolutely love to make another enchanter and mega twink it and level again.

Would be fun to apply everything I've learned over the years from day 1
That's what I'm doing but didn't twink my little one so much (yet). Having a blast and this time not screwing up my Velketor faction like I did on Goliath right after Velious came out. I've always regretted not being able to experience Velks like all the other chanter boys and girls. Also, I'll have one to kill in SG with, and one who's factioned there with Alliance.

I'm sure you can imagine how easy it is to level a second one with the knowledge you have.

I love the class and bet you do too.

Get your cleric to low 50s, or a second chanter to 20 and join me.
Busher 51 Elven Ranger
Clewless Gamer 52 Gnome Magician
Cleaveage 36 Ogre Warrior
Azwuping 25 Human Monk
Vietgnom 30 Gnome Necromancer
Johnsun 20 High Elf Cleric
Swishwins 3 Gnome Enchanter (RED)
Old 10-31-2018, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Making plans for it as we speak!
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-31-2018, 11:44 PM
Banned

As much as others are rubbing the ego of clerics. its kinda a bitch to level clerics. Why?

Low level clerics are not well needed because druids and shaman are common as fuck and you all have approximately the same level of healing as them and do not start to break off from them until 19 and 24.

29 to 51 you have relatively unmatched healing and depending on the sun, moon and stars aligning or not nothing can come close to you. But people are smarter, monks know tricks, bards are braver, ranger/druids can harmony pull, chanter/pal/you can lull pull. And even then, a druid/shaman healer can pull through and keep a group going smoothly enough

Server is old, twinking is common and you wont be healing as much as you think
Adding onto the age of the server there is a literal army of cleric alts at 60 ready to be called on for raid filling and if your eye is on raiding you will only be really welcome and sought after by the poor souls who log on the cleric to get shit moving so you can take their place as the wall licking one button macro dude to go with all the other poor souls who thought you would be super needed and got twilight zoned.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric/Enchanter duo doesn't really come into its own until 50+. Before that Druid/Enc is just better in every way.

As far as cleric soloing, I found it extremely easy and relaxing as an alt. Getting 200 wisdom and a decent mana pool is not expensive. Just find as much undead as possible and you're good.

For soloing - Befallen > unrest > feerrott/oasis specs > lower guk > lvl 60 if you don't want to group. But ideally 50+ you're gonna want to find an Enc to xp with.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric/Enchanter duo doesn't really come into its own until 50+. Before that Druid/Enc is just better in every way.
Actually it does come into its own at level 39 for the cleric when they get CH and outheal any other class immensely when it comes to healing a charmed pet of relevant level.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Banned

Can (almost) always find a group on the XP superhighway and keep an eye out on /who for near-level enchanters and make some duo buddies along the way.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:10 AM
Planar Protector

Group XP for a cleric pretty fast at 40 in KC basement.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:11 AM
Fire Giant

If you got money to twink, leveling a cleric can be an absolute blast. Think thurg legs, velium crystal staff and good haste pre lvl40. Stack up for HP/AC. With proper gear they make strong tanks. After that, just trade your velium staff for dawnfire and you’re good until 50. Dawnfire is totally OP, especially with a chanter (boon). Post 50, soloing clerics are a pain. But prior to that, they’re overpowered wih those items. Its especially fun to join low lvl groups and throw mana free AOE heals and tank at the same time. Otherwise with little to no budget, I would say its a pain
Old 11-13-2018, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric solo leveling isn't awful. I spent a lot of time on both of the clerics I leveled on blue (1-51 with one, 1-60 with another) solo. Honestly, short of a GOOD duo/trio, it's better XP than anything else you could do, even untwinked. There's way too many people out there who think that just because they're a melee and you're a cleric, you should join them and play together even though you'll get faster XP alone. It takes twinked melees or a good chanter/mage/necro or two to increase a cleric's XP from solo when you're nuking undead in ZEM zones, especially in camps like the hags in unrest where they've got low HP and you can buff your resists and etc.

50+ it's different, you can't really solo well anymore, but fortunately it's also the point where a lot of the enchanters understand how great the ench+cleric duo is and you can really go to town with it.

All that aside, Jauna is onto something. I think the need for clerics is often overstated... because yeah, they're essential for many groups and all raids... but you also don't need more than you need. 1 cleric in a group? Nobody is going to take more. Enough for a raid? Maybe you get to go still, but you're gonna be bored. Etc. Wanting to find a group and being unable to is brutal, and the reason why I started enchanters in the first place on p99... lol. You can form your own groups, but it can be difficult to put one together, especially a good one.

TLDR 1-50 cleric leveling is fine. Boring but not painful, especially if you don't mind killing 1-2 things then AFKing for 10 minutes while you med. 51+ level a cleric relies on finding good duos/trios or being incredibly patient with full groups.
Closed Thread